cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adriana
Occasional Member - Level 3

Block company car users from registering a personal car

Hi All, 

I need to find a way in which company car users are prevented from adding a personal car.

In case this is not possible is there any way to create an audit rule. If yes, could you please suggest the logic?

Is there any way to create a report for this matter? Any hints on the logic much appreciated.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't believe there is a way to block them from doing this because the system wouldn't have any way of knowing that the vehicle ID is a personal car and I don't believe you can report on it. The idea is that the employees are entering correct information by registering the correct vehicle. Off the top of my head I cannot think of a way to prevent this or check for this. 

I am curious as to why employees at your organization that have Company Cars would even register their personal car? Why wouldn't they want to register their company car? What is the "advantage" for them using their personal car? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Adriana

Hi, 

The advantage is that they get to claim miles. That is the reason for which I have to find a way to make this happen.

Adriana

I found a way to create a report: you create 2 queries, one for company car, another one for personal car, based on car type you make a join and then filter based on it. Report will generate all users which have registered either personal or company or both company and personal car. 

yes, I cannot block them from registering a car. From what I documented, depending on other integrations, At expense level one can create an audit rule.