cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denigir777
Occasional Member - Level 1

Android receipts -crashes

I'm experincinge the mobile app crashing when I take a receipt photo, or even try to attach s receipt picture from the Gallery.

The taken photo scrolls off the screen downwards when I hit the blue tick-box, and the app restarts when I bring it back up.

Performing the action to capture receipt repeatedly results in itit succeedi around once in every dozen attempts.

Runnimg version 9.62.1 (2018110209) on a Nexus 5x running Android 8.5.1.

Does anyone else experience this recently?

21 REPLIES 21
Vsemenova

Same here. Running 9.62.0 on PH-1 Os:Android 9.

Vsemenova

the issue seems to be resolved. App is working as expected

Denigir777

@Vsemenova wrote:

the issue seems to be resolved. App is working as expected

It's also working for me tonight.  Weirdly though, I now don't get a chance to accept the picture (no blue tick).  It goes straight in as taken.

Prior to this improvement I had just removed some corporate security patch that had admin rights over my phone.  I wondered if this could help (perhaps it did?). .  I did this because I ibstalled the app on my wifes' phone last night, and it had no problem!  I wondered if it pointed to my phone setup instead.

JL6speed
New Member - Level 2

I am having the same issue.  Switched to a new phone, installed latest app, and it crashes every time I try to attach a receipt via phone app.

Version 9.61.0 on OnePlus 6T

AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi @Denigir777,

I'm glad to see the issue seems to have been resolved (according to the conversation above). If you continue to have trouble, I suggest you create a support ticket with either the user support desk or your Concur Admin. This would be your best next step. 

I hope this helps! 

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
TrishW
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi

User is reporting that when taking pictures, he keeps getting a meaage that the applicationhas stopped working.

We uninstalled and then reinstalled application, but theprobelm persists

Anyone else with these issues

AnnaDizo
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@TrishW,

Kindly indicate here the specific device used where the crash happens? Also is the affected user using "ExpenseIt" icon or the "Receipt" icon?

Regards,

Anna Dizo
Global Service & Support
SAP Concur

TrishW
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @AnnaDizo

It was a Samsung tablet using the concur app (not expense it).  However it seems to have resolved it self now

Manyt hanks

trish

AnnaDizo
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @TrishW

Good to know it all works fine now.

Anna

CGJoseC

Hello, 

I'm having a user experiencing this same issue with the app crashing while taking a photo of receipts while running Android 7.0.  Is this version of Android part of the baseline for Concur?   

_vn_

hi, having this issues on various OS versions (android) and various devices:

OS 7, 8, 9

samsung S9, note 8,9, google pixel 2,3

is there any kind of work being done on this?

AnnaDizo
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @_vn_ 

Kindly provide me more information of the device used:

Specific device type(Samsung, Lenovo, Huwawei, LG):  samsung S9, note 8,9, google pixel 2,3

Device OS version: OS 7, 8, 9

Device Language:

Device Model:

Concur app version installed:

Are you using the Receipt camera icon or ExpenseIt camera icon when taking picture?

Step by step process on how affected user captures receipts until the time he/she gets the crash?

Please advice.

Thank you.

Regards.

AnnaDizo

MC
New Member - Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to use Concur on my OnePlus6T (Model: OneplusA6013)

OxygenOS: 9.0.12

Android Version: 9

Buildnumber: A6013_41_190123

It constantly crashes on startup.

Is this a common issue that you are aware of and fixing?

Is there a quickfix or guide?

AnnaDizo
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @MC ,

This is an existing issue on Android that started when OS 9 was released. There was a security patch update that Google did on this OS version that caused the issue to happen. Some OS 8 and some 7 are also affected. 

If I may ask, are you using MDM, MFA, 2FA, WorkProfile or WorkSpace?

Thank you,

AnnaDizo

kpierson

I have a few users intermittently having the same issue. One in particular is running Android OS 7.1.1 with a MotoE 4+. App crashes and is not able to accept some receipts. Please advise.

AnnaDizo
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @kpierson 

Is the issue still happening?

If you can kindly provide me more details of the issue like the step by step process before the crash happens? Also details on the device you use like Model, OS Version and Concur App version installed?

Thank you,

AnnaDizo

AnnaDizo
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @CGJoseC  

Good day.

Android OS 6 would be the minimum supported version.

Kindly provide me more information of the device used:

Specific device type(Samsung, Lenovo, Huwawei, LG):

Device OS version:

Device Language:

Device Model:

Concur app version installed:

Are you using the Receipt camera icon or ExpenseIt camera icon when taking picture?

Step by step process on how affected user captures receipts until the time he/she gets the crash?

Please advice.

Thank you.

Regards.

AnnaDizo

mudderchawd
New Member - Level 1

Look This POS app crashes all the time when you are trying to take a pic of a receipt. ANdroid users. Yes, App was uninstalled, reinstalled many times and it does the exact same thing. Tried it on multiple Android devices . Same result. Your engineers need to work on fixing it instead of spending too much performing whatever they perform on whoever they perform.
georgedpeterson

Same

sdrage
New Member - Level 1

App opens fine with no log in issues, but soon after taking a picture it will freeze. 

I have tried unintstalling and installing again, but still does the same thing.

I have also rebooted the phone, still the same.

I have also cleared the cache in the phone, still the same.

Using Huawei P20 Pro.

Running Android OS 9.0.0270