cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

Additional Details on Audit Trail

Interested to see if anyone has been able to add additional details on the audit trail specifially the empoyeeID of the user within the updated by column.  We have alot of expense delegates setup for users and within our APAC region, it is hard to know the users by their Chinese name when our HR system has their English name listed so when the AP group reviews the audit trail and has questions to the delegate who submitted the report, they are looking for a better way to help idenfity the user who submitted the report on behalf of someone else and are looking to have the employee ID listed?

Any thoughts?

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.
3 REPLIES 3
Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @tstagliano,

Yes, you can create a custom report in Analysis / Intelligence to accomplish this. I'm assuming that you're looking for info specifically around the Audit Trail for reports, and you're not interested in Entry level detail, but let me know if that's not the case.

First, you'll just need to pull some fields into the custom report to define the listing of reports:

Expense > Expense Reports > Report Header Information > Report ID

Expense > Expense Reports > Report Header Information > Report Name

Expense > Expense Reports > Report Header Information > Employee ID

Expense > Expense Reports > Report Header Information > Employee

Expense > Expense Reports > Report Dates and Statuses > (whichever date parameter you need - Last Submitted, Sent for Payment, etc.)

From here, you can put in any filters you need, or any additional information such as cost centers to filter to. Next, you'll want to add in the Audit Trail fields.

Expense > Expense Reports > Expense Report Workflow Trail > Step

Expense > Expense Reports > Expense Report Workflow Trail > Step Sequence

Expense > Expense Reports > Expense Report Workflow Trail > Step Entry Date/Time

Expense > Expense Reports > Expense Report Workflow Trail > Step Action Date/Time

Expense > Expense Reports > Expense Report Workflow Trail > Additional Employee Details > Employee ID

Expense > Expense Reports > Expense Report Workflow Trail > Employee Assigned to Step

Expense > Expense Reports > Expense Report Workflow Trail > Additional Delegate Details > Delegate ID

Expense > Expense Reports > Expense Report Workflow Trail > Delegate

Expense > Expense Reports > Expense Report Workflow Trail > Status Upon Step Completion

Additionally, you can include the following fields to give a simple Y/N value for certain parameters, depending on your needs:

Expense > Expense Reports > Report Header Information > Additional Report Details > Submitted by a Delegate

Expense > Expense Reports > Report Header Information > Additional Report Details > Approved by a Delegate

Expense > Expense Reports > Report Header Information > Additional Report Details > Created by a Delegate

As just an example, I'm including a screenshot of a report like this, with it organized like this:

-Grouped by Report ID

-I put the Step Sequence item as the first field after Report ID, which sorts the fields in ascending order. This gives a chronological look at the audit trail.

2019-04-30_12-32-31comm.png

You can also group / section it out based on employee if you want, or include report totals if you need that as well. But this will give you a look at a report and show the IDs for all those involved. Hope that helps / gives you some ideas on how to build a custom report to fit your needs. Let me know if you have any questions about this. Thanks!

Josh
ssawyer
New Member - Level 1

How do I build a report that shows the people who have not submitted their reports?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ssawyer all you need is the following data items on your report:

1. Employee

2. Report Name

3. Approval Status

Create a filter on the Approval Status data item to Only Show Not Submitted. This will show all reports that have been created, but not yet submitted. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.