cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ratushn
Occasional Member - Level 2

What counts as a "Reviewed Receipt"?

Greetings fellow Concur admins! Would like to pick your brains on the following issue. As we continue to revamp our audit process, we would like to leverage the "Receipts Reviewed" field in Cognos, which indicates whether an approver had actually reviewed the receipt or had simply approved a report without reviewing it first. This is a great feature, but I am being told by Concur support that only clicking on the Receipt Icon will denote whether an entry attachment was viewed or not. I'd like to figure out a way to consider "hovering" over the receipt icon for a fixed length of time as a "Reviewed Receipt". Does anyone have any experience with modifying your receipt handling requirements to account for receipts reviewed when hovering over the Receipt Icon.

TL;DR - Running reports based on whether an entry attachment was reviewed by the approver or not prior to approval. Concur mentions only clicking the icon will tag the attachment to the expense entry as "reviewed". Any way to change this to account for "hovering" over the receipt icon?

Many thanks!

Nicholas Ratush

4 REPLIES 4
Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @ratushn,

So, in the current UI, it is my understanding that both hovering over the receipt icon and clicking on the Receipt Image tab count as reviewing the receipt. It is possible that the support rep you interacted with was referring to the NextGen UI, in which there will be no hovering over icons to pop up receipts. You have to actually click on the receipt box for it to pop up. But I can personally say that I've witnessed a timestamp be created for a receipt being reviewed simply by hovering over the icon. Just checked it again right now and yup, still good.

Now, I'm an admin, but not an approver in the system. If I proxy into someone's account, go into their report library and find a report that's been submitted, neither hovering nor clicking on the expense & receipt tab will trigger that. The only place that it triggers for me is when I'm in the Processor. If I pull up the same report I tried to view while proxying and hover over the receipt icon, boom - timestamp.

The reason for this is because I'm technically in an approving role as a processor, and on that screen, the report is being reviewed. If a manager approver hovers over receipt icons on a report submitted for their approval, it should also trigger a timestamp.

If I could ask, what reporting are you doing on this? Are you building a custom report to review the receipt viewing, or are you using the standard report Concur has out there on the topic? If you're building a custom report, you can use those timestamps to discern whether an expense has been reviewed at all, but the standard report is more of an all-or-nothing approach.

@TRedman once provided this PDF on that standard report and it was immensely helpful understanding how it functioned. Thought I'd drop it here in case you wanted more info on the topic:

http://assets.concur.com/concurtraining/cte/en-us/cte_en-us_reporting_reports_approved_receipts_not_...

Anyway, hope that helps! Cheers!

Josh
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

Why did Concur remove the ability to hover in the new UI?

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

Part 2 of my question - you said there is no hovering in the new UI - but isn't it true that nothing changes in Processor or Approving in the new UI?

So approvers would still be able to hover on receipt?

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @SandraA,

If I had to guess, I'd say the ability to hover was removed to increase performance. I don't know a lot about web development, but I believe changing to a lightbox-style pop up (where the main page goes dark and the receipt, etc. comes up in the center of the screen) will provide more stability for the website. I could be wrong, though. In which case, I don't know why they changed it outside of a design choice.

As for the Processor and approver view, yes, as I understand it, icons and hover-ability will be retained for the time being. When the new approver / processor UI is rolled out in the next few years, I'd probably expect that function to go away from there as well. Just a guess, but maybe some Concur folks can chime in here as well. Cheers!

Josh