cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Occasional Member - Level 2

Nickname field - confirm what it is used for

Hi There!

With our new ERP system we now have the ability to send people's legal names and preferred names to Concur - preferred name being their "nickname".  We are hoping this will resolve the issues we continuously have with travel of employees not having their legal names.

Can you confirm what this Nickname field is used for?  I know with support requests now it's using my legal name instead of nickname which I'm surprised about.  I would have thought the nickname field is what people prefer to be called.  Want to confirm before we update our entire company.  (eg. when an expense is reported to an approval manager will it be the employees legal name or nickname)  Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Nickname field - confirm what it is used for

For those that may view this later for information...

Concur responded back to me saying the Nickname field doesn't actually act as a preferred name field.  It's purely for if you have someone else in your company that uses a different name you can document it there for reference but that Nickname is not actually used anywhere.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Nickname field - confirm what it is used for

For those that may view this later for information...

Concur responded back to me saying the Nickname field doesn't actually act as a preferred name field.  It's purely for if you have someone else in your company that uses a different name you can document it there for reference but that Nickname is not actually used anywhere.  

View solution in original post