cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

Re: Initial thoughts on the new Expense UI.

Hello Jason,

Which issues have you heard are being corrected?

I wasn't aware that Concur thought there were any issues with the UI.

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi Josh - totally get where you are coming from. This will be a change that will get the proponents and opponents of the icons in full conversation. I personally am an opponent of the icons - infact I had to shut the travel booking shells off for our users because it caused so much confusion - i.e do I acquit this or has the airline charged me twice? Examples of the types of questions I was getting - seeing the word " pending transaction" makes more sense to me - just my 2 cents. Happy to discuss further offline if you want to send me a PM. You raise some great issues that will be common to many users!

Kind regards
Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

Hey @RichardG, I totally get it. My company does not utilize Concur Travel, so for us, the only icons that were ever present on a report were:

-Receipt Attached
-Missing Receipt Affadavit Attached
-Comments
-Personal Charge
-Allocated / Partially Allocated
-Company Card Transaction Linked

So we're not seeing any other icons from the Travel side of things. I think that if we did, we would likely turn them off much like you did. Given how some things in Concur already cause confusion, I can't imagine how much more confusion those would create - ha!

I wholeheartedly agree that seeing 'Pending Transaction' is a much clearer message, and on our side of things, when the payment type is 'Cash' - obviously that's a clear indicator that a card transaction is not linked. Similarly, seeing our company credit card program name as the payment type does make it clear that it's linked to a transaction. I believe that's going to help our approvers a great deal, and re-reading my previous message, it does sound like I'm campaigning for the icon to replace the payment type, which is not the case.

My main concern is ease of access to the company card data (the info that could be accessed by merely hovering over the company credit card icon previously). Since Concur has seemingly done away with hover-over popup boxes and replaced them with lightboxes (of which I'm in favor), I think it would be great if they allowed the company card data to be viewed on the main report screen, much like all receipts are visible by clicking the thumbnail. I thought they could include a small icon on the expense that would serve as the click-point to view that info. In addition to serving that role, it could add some color / imagery to break up the mostly text-based view. I'm all for cool design Smiley Happy

Josh
wbhicks
Occasional Member - Level 2

My quick feeback is that it's pretty bad...and I'm not someone who doesn't like change or doesn't adopt it quickly and easily. As an Expense User and Approver, I want to be able to see an Entire Report while I'm working on one specific line-item. Instead, with the new UI, you get taken to an entirely separate screen to work on or review one entry without any reference to the remainder of the Expense Report. Losing the ability to hover over the Card Icon and quickly see the Credit Card Data (including Level 3 details) is also a big negative. Only 25 lines per page...also a negative. I can absolutely guarantee that many Approvers won't ever make it past Page 1. Also if you want to see Attendees...that's an entirely separate page. What a disaster. 

Basically Concur took what was a great/informative one-page layout for Users/Approvers and made it more difficult to use just so Receipts were bigger/easier to read...completely short-sighted. Consider me totally unimpressed...and I'm the biggest champion for use of Concur in our entire Company. Technology should be an enabler...this is a huge step backwards. I have no doubt that this will not be favorably received, especially by our Sales Associates who make up the vast majority of our Expense Users and even more so for our Sales Managers who will be reviewing the largest # of Expense Reports. 

Highlighted
PamSciarra
Occasional Member - Level 3

I knew the icons were going away (not thrilled with that.)  But I didn't realize we were losing all the extended report header info when we click on the report name.  I use that ALL THE TIME!  And so do the AP Processors.

I also don't like that the attendee entry is on a separate page (rather than at the bottom of the entry screen.)

I do like the receipt next to the entry screen and easier hotel itemization. 

KevinPapa
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Sandra, check under the report name in the Report Details menu, you'll see the report header here

image.png

KevinPapa
Occasional Member - Level 1

Also, I have to log out and log back in after I choose to either revert, or switch back to new UI before I see the change take effect

SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

Yes I see we can still get to the report header.  It's just that it's an extra step now.   Why make something more difficult as opposed to more automated?

That's my overall take on this UI.  It makes everything we do more difficult.   

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
wbhicks
Occasional Member - Level 2

Here's another one I just discovered. If you sort by Amount or Requested (I usually do highest to lowest when reviewing) and drill into a specific line item...when you close out of that line item and go back to the main page with all Expenses (or at least the first 25), you lose the Sort Order you just performed. 

DavidW
Routine Member - Level 1

We have 10 people trying it out.

So far, they love it...and it is easier for them to use.

I'm an icon liker, so I miss that. However, they haven't complianed. My thought was more about icons since they can be INTERNATIONAL and tkae up less space right?

You could just have Smiley Happy

But in text it would be happy (English) ...glücklich (German)...etc.