cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JanKube
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to solve: several cost items on the same travel service

How do you deal with several cost item lines from a credit card payment for the same service(eg: Deutsche Bahn train ticket + seat reservation fee + credit card fee). We do just use Concur Expense and get company billed and paid cost items by a data stream from our credit card. The traveller has to fill out 3 forms for his trainticket that way 😮

By now there was no solution by Concur nor AirPlus to bundle these payments to one cost item. Nor were we able to configure our travel booking tool Cytric differently.

Any experiences, ideas or hints how to solve this? Would appreciate, Jan 

6 REPLIES 6
AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi @JanKube,

Thanks for posting! This is an interesting question. I will look into this for you. In the meantime, I look forward to hearing from our Community members about their experiences with similar situations! 

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi @AshleyB

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
AshleyB

Hi @JanKube and @JessicaL,

To answer your question, we can't offer a direct solution because we don't have control on how the supplier elects to charge the card. We do, however, have a few tools that should make this situation easier for you and your users:

1. A new feature coming on NextGen Expense UI will allow one receipt to be linked to multiple expenses
  2. On the existing UI it allows the user to edit multiple expenses as a group – making the same change in one place to update all three selected expenses

Hope this helps!

Best,
Ashley Bragg

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Wow, @AshleyB, this is exciting news for us. #1 below will really be an excellent help to our expense/travel users. Many travel invoices have two or more charges on them. I am looking forward to this rollout. Really appreciate the feedback as always 🙂

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
AshleyB

Hi @JessicaL

Anytime! I love how the SAP Concur Community is able to come up with real solutions to help you all run at your best. Best part of my job! 

Best,
Ashley Bragg

bonniechristy
Occasional Member - Level 2

We have our users select itemization of the expense to break down the different expense types that fall on one receipt.  Reports pulled will even show the breakout of the correct expense type selected even though it was one charged item initially.