I am new here and have a question. We are expereicning a high volume amount of "unassigned transactions" mostly with our P Card purchases. Anyone else expericining this? Whjat is the best thing to do?
When we first added our Pcard program, we noticed that as well. If you map the Merchant Codes, you will have less undefined transactions. The mapping will tell Concur what Expense Type the items should be.
I think the original poster was referring to p-card transactions not getting assigned to the statement report, not so much coming in as undefined. At least that's how I read it. Maybe the person who posted this could correct me or clarify, but unassigned transactions are usually transactions not assigned to an expense report or statement report.
However, your mapping idea for undefinded is a very good suggestion.
Thank you both,
We have mapped and mapped some more, nothing is stopping these and we have tons of them. We have made certain that all merchant codes match and are pulled in, but they are not assigning to the individual's report. We have not been able to figure this out, so frustrating...
If you are seeing unassigned pcard transactions, it could be that you have not linked the PCards to the indivudual users. Once this is done, the unassigned transactions will flow to the assigned employees available expenses. Is this what you are asking and did this help answer your question? We had the same issue. Every time you have an employee given a pcard, you need to assign it in Concur. It is not an automatic process.
That is very odd...I've never had that happen. If I see unassigned expenses it usually means I forgot to assign the card to the employee.
Yes, in some instances, that's the case. However, the majority is other than that. We have no clue. W ehave unassigned cards adn then reassigned to see if that wil work, but we get nothing.
We experienced many when we started our CBS program, and they do seem to be decreasing in number, although we don't know why. We have not been able to see a pattern, except that certain individuals (with nothing in common) seem to experience them more than others.
We run a Concur report each morning and one auditor proxies into the account of each employee with unassigned transactions and assigns them. We then know we won't be dealing with orphans not discovered until perhaps months after the statement period.
The report can be accessed through this path:
Intelligence - Standard Reports -- Company Billed Cards -- Unassigned Company Billed Transactions.
Thank you, @KayPellack! I will start using that report. I am in the same boat as yourself in that this is happening less often but it still happens. We have mapped many, many, many merchant codes. Even the most common of our merchant codes will sometimes have these transactions identified to stay out of the report by being "undefined" even though we've identified that exact merchant code. If I could mark your post as a solution, I definitely would. It's not perfect, but it certainly will make things easier, at least for me.