Highlighted
IMBPR
Occasional Member - Level 1

As an Administrator, I have hundreds of expense reports to process daily

Solved! Jump to solution

As an administrator, my task is to process expense reports.  However, there are over a hundred expense reports coming in daily into my queue to process for payment.  Each report is reviewed thoroughly to make sure it complies with our company policy.  Is there an easier way to control the flow of expense reports employees submit for reimbursement? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidW
Occasional Member - Level 3

Re: As an Administrator, I have hundreds of expense reports to process daily

Solved! Jump to solution

I think it depends.

1. Get an assistant to do some basic checks - if the reports are missing this data, let them kick it back.

2) Determine how many expense reports you will process that day - your turnaround might be slower for some people that have OOP, but you get some sanity.

3) Have employees only submit one expense report a month.

4) I guess you could pay for some of the audit services to help you too.

I've see option #3 and option #2 work the best.

5 Replies
JessicaL
Routine Member - Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @IMBPR,

That is a large number of reports you are reviewing on your own. Do the reports go to someone else first/after you that you reviews for content so that you are only reviewing for receipts, financial applications? Workflows exist if you can add them to share the burden/responsibility for review.

Also, we have set up some Audit rules that flag certain reports for expanded review - for instance we have an audit rule that flags the reviewer "there's cash in this report" so extra attention is on that report.

You could also separate employees into different groups that have the same types of expenses so that it's easier to segregate them when it's in the final stages of report review.

My only other thought is have the administrator role shared with others.

I hope others have good ideas to offer as well. Best,

Jessica Lynch
Associate Accountant & Travel Manager
DavidW

Solved! Jump to solution

I think it depends.

1. Get an assistant to do some basic checks - if the reports are missing this data, let them kick it back.

2) Determine how many expense reports you will process that day - your turnaround might be slower for some people that have OOP, but you get some sanity.

3) Have employees only submit one expense report a month.

4) I guess you could pay for some of the audit services to help you too.

I've see option #3 and option #2 work the best.

IMBPR

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks JessicaL.  I do have two others that serve as back up for processing reports.  The expense report flows to us after it is approved by a manager.  We check for receipts and company compliance.  However, the volume of expense reports is something that may need to be addressed.    Setting audit rules, as you mentioned, might be a great idea and will definetly look into it.

clayw1963

Solved! Jump to solution

It sounds like you really need a strong set of audit rules.  Simple reports that are lower $ and don't violate the company policy would automatically approve and wouldn't stop in your office.

With our audit rules in place we have around 20 -22% of our total reports that stop in our office.  We also do a small audit of the auto approved reports to make sure that we have the correct audit rules in place.

Clay

Clay Wilson
lili24

Solved! Jump to solution

Determine how many expense reports you will process that day - your turnaround might be slower for some people that have OOP, but you get some sanity.https://audacity.onl/ https://findmyiphone.onl/ https://origin.onl/

0 Kudos