cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fbromeiro
Occasional Member - Level 3

What is the best date to use for reporting?

In our company, we are currently using the ‘transaction date’, but I am not sure if this is the best field to base our general monthly reporting. I would like to know if you use a different date, such as payment date, approval date, sent for payment date, what is the best practice here?

We find challenging to use the transaction date because the reports are always fluctuating, since the employees can enter months old transactions. So, I am not sure if we are capturing the best picture by the end of the month.

I would appreciate if you can share how you handle the monthly reporting in your company.

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

In my expericence, I have seen a lot of our customers use the Sent for Payment Date. This is the date the Processor gave the report final approval. This way they can easily build a report by Sent for Payment Date to see all reports approved in a month. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

We use Paid Date. 

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
Jeremy
Occasional Member - Level 3

We use the paid date so that it matches to the GL posting.  As you mentioned with the transaction date, the numbers change it each month as some employees are late in submitting.  It also does not tie back to the monthly GL reporting.

It is not a bad idea to include both dates on your report and then for a given time period you can compare transaction vs paid if needed.