cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ifabot
Occasional Member - Level 1

Sending Expense Report Backwards in Approval Flow

Hello everyone, 

I have a question regarding going backwards in the approval flow.  Currently we have our approval flow as follows (Employee -> Manager -> Expense Processor -> Expense Processor Manager).  My role as the Expense Processor Manager is to ensure that the accounting has been properly done and that the expenses are categorized correctly.  Whenever I find issues the only option that I have right now is to send the expense report all the way back to the employee who submitted it even though if i find an accounting error I only need to send it back to the Expense Processor before me.  Is it possible to do that?  Or does Concur Expense not have the functionality to pick and choose who the report needs to be sent back to?  

Thank you, 

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

The only option for going backwards that I have ever seen or heard of is Sending Back to Employee. 

I double-checked with a colleague and they confirmed this is not possible. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kristyhourd
Occasional Member - Level 2

It's a bit of a workaround, but if you approve and forward to the expense processor again, and you're set up as the back office approval, they should be able to make the accounting changes, and then it should come back to you for final review before being extracted for payment. If you're added to the approval flow manually as an ad-hoc approver, then the expense processor would have to forward it to you, or, if it works for your company, it would go straight from their queue to payment after they've made the changes.

You could also set it up so that the expense processor manager has the ability to modify the accounting information so that you could make those changes before you approve, but I don't know what your internal policies are.