How does everyone reimburse Non-Staff?
Right now, I can think of 3 potential ways:
1. Set up Non-Staff in Concur and give them access to the system.
2. Set up a template that is given to Non-Staff and have them complete it and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. This template would limit their options and allow for OCR pick up of the data.
3. Third party solutions? Is there some sort of API or web service that would allow Non-Staff to enter in their reimbursements?
Thank you for your input!!
We are exploring this type of reimbursement as well. We were directed to Concur's Sponsored Guest feature, which will allow us to create non-employee accounts. We have not implemented yet, but I am also interested in hearing how others address this situation.
crucial question? How often and to how many individuals do you do reimbursements? If you have a large number, I would totally go down the route of sponsored guest, pretty sure you can set you're own policy up for that as well but I have not used it.
There are 3 ways to go about reimbursing non-employees.
1 Accounts Payable. This can be accomplished through the one-time vendor type. It is a long process and it is prone to human error from both sides.
2. Sponsor Guest feature in Concur. You will need to monitor the profile to close it at due time. there are some privacy concerns.
3. Expense report mobile app (outside Concur) where the non-employee own the profile and not the company. The app will allow you to enter your reimbursement policy, add audit rules, review the expense report and issue payment. There is a fee per transaction.
I hope this helps.
Thank you all for the responses.... seems like my spam filters cut off the Concur Community emails.
How would Expensify replace Concur for Non-staff. Maybe I am missing something here.
The non-staff reimbursement we handle through Concur is for our recruiting program. We set up a completely different policy and ledger for this. Currently, we are using the recruiting program for US and EMEA.
We still handle contractors and other non-staff outside of Concur.
We do not use Travel - only Expense - so we cannot use Sponsored User.
We pay non- employees using our Accounts Payable.