cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sreeleshskumar
Occasional Member - Level 3

Is there a platform change for Concur Reporting?

Hi All,

Is there a platform change for Concur Reporting? Currently it works on IBM Cognos. Is there any switch to Power BI or Tableu?

Thanks & regards

Sree

7 REPLIES 7
SusanT
Super User
Super User

I've heard there is a platform change, but only offered to SMB clients at this time. Would love to hear feedback from those on the new platform.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cognos is still our reporting platform for our Professional and Enterprise clients. Our small to medium sized business clients are on a platform called Analytics that is an in-house reporting tool built directly into SAP Concur. If you are attending Fusion in March, be sure to attend my 60 minute presentation on Analytics so you can see what the tool looks like and how it functions. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

We are having significant trouble with Cognos and Windows 10 / Edge. I understand Cogos is not supported in Edge, but I really don't want to have to ask our users to go through Internet Explorer for Concur, just because of the Intelligence module. 

I appreciate suggestions.  Thanks!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Susan,

A workaround you can have your employees try is to have your users log into SAP Concur through Edge and launch Cognos. Once Cognos opens, in the upper right-corner of the Edge browser window, you will see three dots. I've provided a screenshot. In the menu options that appear, they can select Open with Internet Explorer. 

See if this will work for them. 

SwitchfromEdgetoIE.jpg

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Thank you! I'll try this.

It is my understanding that there are some suppliers who have a connector between the Cognos Data Warehouse in SAP Concur and Power BI from Microsoft. Can you confirm whether this functionality exists, and/or whether these suppliers are authorized to provide such a connection? SAP had previously indicated that the company is moving in the direction of API connectors to the data, so I am wondering if there are instructions for how clients could proceed with the development of an API connector to the Cognos Data Warehouse from SAP to either Power BI or Tableau, etc. 

The connector between Power BI from Microsoft and the Concur Intelligence Data Warehouse should be complete where the Power BI desktop could directly interact with the data elements from the data warehouse. Can you elaborate about whether it is possible to connect an external API to the Concur Intelligence Data Warehouse with providing a server name and database name with authentication?  If not, then why are there several suppliers asserting that they have already built a connector between the SAP Concur Data Warehouse (Concur Intelligence) and the Power BI desktop application from Microsoft? Thus, if they have done so successfully, then it must be possible to do so. Can you elaborate further?

TRedman
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@new_phoenix Great questions!  SAP Concur currently has limited API's that can be used to populate 3rd party BI solutions (Power BI, Tableau, etc. ) as well as provide select Partners access to limited datasets.  I would encourage you to connect with your Account Manager to discuss if the Intelligence Extract Service, or Custom Extracts/APIs are the the right fit for your needs. 

Note, none of these options will provide you a complete copy of the Concur Intelligence Data Warehouse, access to the complete data set is not available today.  We are evaluating a Bulk API for future development, which would provide access to a larger dataset.  If this is a requirement I would again recommend you discuss with your Account Manager to share you needs, and pass those requirements on to myself or others on the Data & Analytics Product Strategy team.  We would welcome any use cases you have on the topic.  

Tiffany Redman, Senior Product Manager, Data and Analytics