cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeggieC
SAP Concur, Former Employee

How do you make using Concur Expense fun to increase adoption, especially for large user groups?

One tip is to be creative and remember to use many different vehicles for communications and training. People consume change differently. You can find some more ideas and templates in our Change Management Activities Guide to help you plan your roll out.

9 REPLIES 9
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

Here's my two cents on this topic to be taken or left at your discretion.

Your users will never accept Concur for the amazing tool that it is if the person telling them to use it doesn't love it. You have to believe in it yourself before you can expect others to get on board. If you're not blown away and in awe of its capabilities then you're doing it wrong and finding ways to make it fun for your users is at the bottom of priorities.

That being said, if you feel stuck and resigned to using Concur, talk to us and let us help you. I know being a Concur Administrator can be frustrating at times but this group can help lighten your load.

ค๓๒єг ɭєє - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏɪssᴇᴜʀ
(っ◔◡◔)っ  ☆ Fort Worth, Texas ☆
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

To be honest I've never met anyone who is excited at completing expense reports - and despite my love of what SAP Concur has done over the past few years to make the user experience so much better, rarely will this be openly echoed to the administrators by the end users. As long as I feel the solutions are removing the administrative impost on my end users so that they can concentrate on what they do best I will take this as a measure of success!

Kind regards
Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
patilr1982
Routine Member - Level 1

Some tips that I can make are...

1. Employees like gifts. Give them something to remember the training event. Perhaps a pen with the project logo or credit card holder or a pouch to keep their receipts. You need not spend too much on it.

2. Make help easy to access. Communicate links to access training material, names of super users and administrators. Perhaps even intranet forums where employees can help each other and modes to make suggestions. Conduct refresher training for new joiners and those that wish to revise their knowledge.

3. Publish results of groups of employees (like departments). There is nothing like competition to foster adoption.

Best Regards,
Rohan
SAP Concur and SAP FICO Implementation Functional Consultant
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

I tried to find a way to make a contest out of it (Executive vs Marketing etc.) but had a hard time figuring out what the measure of success would be and how to track it. Is it the expense report with the fewes errors, or the team that submits theirs correctly the fastest? I really wanted to do this but there were so many "what ifs"...

Txcowgirljp
New Member - Level 1

Hi

Thank you for the tips!

Where can I find a copy of the "Change Management Activities Guide?" It sounds like a great resource!

Thank you!

-Valerie

SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

I find it odd that there would be an option open to employees on where to file expenses.  Or that it needs to be "fun". 

When we set up Concur - employees were required to use Concur for expense.     

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi Sandra,
I think these are merely examples of the the types of questions people may like to ask in the platform.

Kind regards
Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
CareBearStare
Occasional Member - Level 2

We require all employees to use Concur. However as mentioned, no one likes to do expenses so I try to make it as painless as possible through patience and kindness. As another user noted, in our training sessions, I give out lego minifigures to those who were paying attention and can correctly answer questions. I also made a user guide that has "easter eggs" or lighthearted jokes as a reward for those who actually read the guide. Most importantly, there is a dedicated in-house employee to answer any questions or help a user that gets stuck. We are a smaller business so communicating with each individual user when I see they are struggling is pretty easy for us.

AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

As an avid fan of the MCU I love the easter egg idea! Sounds like your people are in good hands.