SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

How do you handle recepit affidavits?

We're excited to see what other clients say, but SAP Concur recommends ensuring you’re capturing missing receipts with a signed affidavit. We encourage moving away from paper and use the Missing Receipt Affidavit function in Concur Expense. You will benefit from the Missing Receipt Audit Report (folder: Expense Processing).

Labels (2)
21 Replies
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Re: How do you handle recepit affidavits?

Using affidavits? Ensure your users do not think it is an excuse to not use original receipts. Create an audit rule that alerts the approver when a receipt affidavit is used.

Remember, if you reclaim VAT, it is highly likely that your tax authority does not support an affidavit as evidence of expense and tax paid.

KR

Angus

Kind regards,

Angus Irvine Robertson

SAP Concur Premium Functional Consultant
patilr1982
Routine Member - Level 1

Receipt Affidavits are an essential part of the setup used to eliminate paper.

In case, the workflow is designed to only send expense reports for manager approval/Audit in selected scenarios, it is a good idea to make the use of Affidavit as one of those scenarios. It should be straightforward to enable this behavior by adding a condition to your workflow (in case one does not exist) and adding an Audit rule with the exception level specified in the workflow.

VAT setup will probably need adjustments to post zero VAT or non-recoverable VAT in case an Affidavit is used.

Don't forget to translate the Affidavit text in case your users use languages other than English.

Most recently we recently implemented this for a client having users in Russia and Ukraine. It helped eliminate a paper-based offline approval process that we uncovered during a post-implementation process review.

Best Regards,
Rohan
SAP Concur and SAP FICO Implementation Functional Consultant
MGordon
Occasional Member - Level 3

We do use the missing receipt affidavits within Concur.  We also run monthly reports looking for employees who are abusing this option.

Routine Member - Level 3

I worked for a company that had unlimited MRA policy that I was able to convince them to change to a $250 limit with a maximum 3 times a month limit. They would have people using it on $1,000+ expenses on a regular basis... this is exactly why companies need to invest in a dedicated Concur person who can take the time to review the complete setup so things like this don't slip through the cracks.

ค๓๒єг ɭєє - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏɪssᴇᴜʀ
(っ◔◡◔)っ  ☆ Fort Worth, Texas ☆
Highlighted
jsportsman
Occasional Member - Level 3

We make our Lost Receipt Affidavit difficult. We have it posted on our myTravel intranet site, not automated. We make it difficult because we want them to use mobile or attach correctly.

We also track number of affidavits per associate.  

Jason C. Sportsman, GTP
nancylmeyer
Occasional Member - Level 1

I am looking to create a report for pulling who/how many times receipt affidavits are being used.  I thought there was a standard report for this but cannot seem to locate it.  Any suggestions?

hmead3

How do you enable the Receipt Affadavit function in Concur? I am looking to begin using this. 

ronijohnston

How to run a report that shows who used the missing receipt affidavit?
kwatkins

HI, in the very first post it mentioned how to get the report.

it's under "expense processing" under your reports tab > standard reports (if you have it enabled).