cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Occasional Member - Level 1

Future Date

What paramenters are used in an Audit Rule to prevent usage of future dates?  I have experience with this from a previous instance but my new employer does not have this audit rule.  I thought this was a default rule and I cannot seem to get the logic correct to re-create it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Re: Future Date

@JeffHaracz what is the name of your new company? Normally, the future dated transactions is a rule that is automatically turned on. It's possible that its active status might be set to No. 

On the off chance the rule just isn't there, I've provided a screenshot of what the rule conditions should look like. 

Future_Date.jpg

I hope this helps.

Kevin

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Solution
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@JeffHaracz what is the name of your new company? Normally, the future dated transactions is a rule that is automatically turned on. It's possible that its active status might be set to No. 

On the off chance the rule just isn't there, I've provided a screenshot of what the rule conditions should look like. 

Future_Date.jpg

I hope this helps.

Kevin

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Ace Hardware.  Yeah, I thought it was a preset rule.  I don't see it in incative rules.  I did find this info on another thread but was unsure about the 'Within Today + 10000'.  What is this referencing in terms of data?

Thanks

Jeff

Highlighted
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

It's referencing the transaction date. So, within today means today's date then the +10000 means transaction dates 10000 days in the future. So, if an expense has a date that is anywhere from tomorrow out to 10000 days, it will get flagged. 

The Not Within and Within with the + or - tends to sometimes confuse people. 

Kevin

Highlighted

Got it.  Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
New Member - Level 1

We are a distributed company and we have users in all time zones. My users in Australia (the main company is in the US Pacific time zone) complain that they are not able to enter expenses of today's date when it is "today" in Australia and "yesterday" in the US Pacific zone. How to resolve this issue? is it related to Future date rules? Thanks!

Highlighted
Routine Member - Level 1

The Audit Rule needs to be improved to something more robust than today's date + x days.  We've had users transpose the year data incorrectly (e.g. year 2109 instead of 2019) and the Audit Rule has allowed it.

There is an existing Solution Suggestion SS-0000023698 for this: https://concur.secure.force.com/CteSupport/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=0870e000000Tj8P

Highlighted
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@MariannaLMD this shouldn't be happening. Can you please send me your company's full name. I'd like to take a look and see if there was something changed in the audit rule. Can you also provide me an employee name that this is happening to? 

It might be best to send this information in a private message.

Kevin

Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @KevinD ,

We have the same experience with the audit rule as described by @MariannaLMD.  We're a wholly Australia-based company but our data is in the North America Data Center.  If our users try to enter an expense in the morning (local time) with the current day's date they will get this error; later in the same day they can enter it without error.

Highlighted
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@DeanR can you send me your company name in a private message, please? I'd like to take a look. 

Thank you,

Kevin