cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dworth
Routine Member - Level 1

Comfort level for check signers

Hi,

We are on Dynamics SL and currently are using Concur Standard version but will be migrating to Professional as soon as we get on the schedule(if this makes a difference).  In the meantime, we just went live for Expense and upper management, who signs the checks, is uncomfortable with the process and I am looking for any input of items/best practices/reports/processes that have made your management comfortable with signing the checks when generated out of Concur.

Our old process(in a nutshell):

Paper expenses and copies of receipts would get routed around the office, get signed by several layers of managers and then the signed papers, receipts and a check (to be signed) would make it to the check signer.  They would go through the expense report, receipts and verify everything has been signed and once comfortable, sign the check and send the whole package back to accounting.  They have been doing this for years.

Our new process(in a nutshell):

Use Concur Expense to create report and upload receipts.  This then gets routed to several layers of management to be approved in Concur.  The upper management is set up as the Processor as they are the last person in our approval process.  They Process the reports.  As admin, I am using the SL Connector to bring in the batch.  AP then verifies the batch is good and creates the checks to be signed.  We have not found a great report within Concur, so I am taking the Concur Export files and aggregating them into Excel with a Pivot Table to show the most recent file brought in.  This report, listing the Vendors paid, Concur Report name and amount is then attached with the check for support.

ConcurExcelListReport.PNG

Darryl Worth
American Society of Hematology
3 REPLIES 3
dworth
Routine Member - Level 1

Bump.   🙂

Darryl Worth
dworth
Routine Member - Level 1

Bump, bump.  Smiley Very Happy

Just seeing if anyone had any ideas...

Darryl Worth
clayw1963
Occasional Member - Level 3

My answer may not be a great deal of help, we have professional and our payment process is automated.  However, if you're bringing everything into a batch in Concur you should be able to send that file to Concur and see the transactions there.

Administration/company/tools

monitor batches

If you click on the batch it gives the option to export to excel.

Hope this helps.

Clay

Clay Wilson