cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olageeva
Occasional Member - Level 2

Best Practice for the hotel and air ticket expenses paid by the company

Hello!

Can you please share your experience regarding the hotel and air tickets paid by the company for the following scenario: 

- Only expense module is used (no travel, booking, request).

- Company always pays for the hotels and air tickets once in a month for all employees with one invoice.

- But they want to see the amount spent per employee and have it be linked to the particular expense report.

We know that because of the fact that employees vendor differs from the entity in SAP who actually paid - the company - we cannot link them internally and clear directly. Also we need to avoid double payment of course so it should not be mixed with the other amounts which are to be payd (taxi). We cannot also put zero to the hotel expense or mark "personal" because we need to see it in SAP.

One of the option that comes to my mind is to use payment types with assigned vendor "Company" where it will be substituted during posting.

I believe this is not a rare case when the company pays for the employees hotels and air tickets (restricting to buy it by the employees because of security reasons) - what is the best practice for it?

Thank you,

Olga

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@olageeva based on what your issue is, it seems like you could just have employees add Hotel and Air to their expense report then train them that for these two expenses they need to choose Company Paid as the payment type. This way they include those expenses to see a total amount, but will not be reimbursed for the expenses. 

Also, to help remind your employees to choose Company Paid as the Payment Type, you can turn on a setting that flags the expenses if Company Paid isn't selected. This is a setting if you are on our SAP Concur Standard Expense platform. If you are using our SAP Concur Professional platform, you can create an Audit Rule that blocks submitting Air and Hotel if the user didn't choose Company Paid as the Payment Type. 

I don't know which platform you are on, but from your other post when you say Employees are Vendors, that relates to using Quickbooks, which is most often used on our Standard platform. Is that correct? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@olageeva based on what your issue is, it seems like you could just have employees add Hotel and Air to their expense report then train them that for these two expenses they need to choose Company Paid as the payment type. This way they include those expenses to see a total amount, but will not be reimbursed for the expenses. 

Also, to help remind your employees to choose Company Paid as the Payment Type, you can turn on a setting that flags the expenses if Company Paid isn't selected. This is a setting if you are on our SAP Concur Standard Expense platform. If you are using our SAP Concur Professional platform, you can create an Audit Rule that blocks submitting Air and Hotel if the user didn't choose Company Paid as the Payment Type. 

I don't know which platform you are on, but from your other post when you say Employees are Vendors, that relates to using Quickbooks, which is most often used on our Standard platform. Is that correct? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
olageeva

Kevin, 

Thank you for hte answer! So the Payment method really should be the best solution.

Thank you a lot!

olageeva

@KevinD I have one more additional question still not clear: how this posting then will look like on SAP side? 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@olageeva that I am not sure on. However, once your SAP Concur site is setup, you can do a test of closing a batch and seeing the output file and what these Company Paid expenses will show up as on the extract file. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
olageeva

@KevinD ok, thank you!