cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

SAP Concur community membership

I'm a bit puzzled and surprised that this community appears to include both regular end users and administrators.  Is this really the case?

I need a community for administrators only.       

The answers are going to be completely different for the 2 audiences and currently there's no way to tell which is which.   

I don't have the time or interest in answering questions from other company's end users.  That' s not what I come here for.  I have 51,000 of my own end users to help. 

When discussing subjects such as audit rules and fraud - there's often information that  don't want to share with my end users.

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
1 Solution
Solution
KellyR
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your post. My team leads the SAP Concur Community project, in partnership with other teams around the company.

Our goal for the SAP Concur Community is to serve the needs of lots of different kinds of users, from administrators to end users. We appreciate that there will be times certain subsets of our Community members will want to have private discussions, whether those are based on your role as an administrator, the industry you work in, or an event you attended. We will be creating and giving access to these gated spaces in an upcoming release. We also believe that the SAP Concur Community will play a part in helping end users find answers to their questions directly.

You are a valued member of our community and we welcome your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other concerns.

Kelly

Kelly Rigotti
Sr. Director, Digital Marketing
SAP Concur

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
KellyR
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your post. My team leads the SAP Concur Community project, in partnership with other teams around the company.

Our goal for the SAP Concur Community is to serve the needs of lots of different kinds of users, from administrators to end users. We appreciate that there will be times certain subsets of our Community members will want to have private discussions, whether those are based on your role as an administrator, the industry you work in, or an event you attended. We will be creating and giving access to these gated spaces in an upcoming release. We also believe that the SAP Concur Community will play a part in helping end users find answers to their questions directly.

You are a valued member of our community and we welcome your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other concerns.

Kelly

Kelly Rigotti
Sr. Director, Digital Marketing
SAP Concur
tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

I can see both sides of the coin. Great that the Community wants to be inclusive of all types of users, but do share the concerns Sandra mentioned.

Not sure of what the plan is to administer an area specifically for admins. Perhaps it can be based on our email address - since that is linked to our SAP Concur profile and permissions within our configuration.
Terri Moreno
Looking for new opportunities!
Anaren, Inc. - Travel Manager - Syracuse, NY
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

@SandraA I concur! (that never gets old... )

I share your concern and look forward to the top secret 'gated communities'. Until then, I've been replying to everyone as if they were a fellow admin. Either they completely understood what I was saying or they just politely nodded and walked away... regardless, I'm with you in that it takes time and effort to try to figure out each individuals comprehension level. If I do end up in a discussion with a non-admin and they're asking questions and are genuinely interested in learning more, then I've just planted a seed for a future admin or at the very least a strong Concur advocate. 

That being said, it will be nice to have the separate admin areas. Even Fusion had a special room set up just for Concur employees because sometimes mommy needs  break. 🙂 @KellyR 

ค๓๒єг ɭєє - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏɪssᴇᴜʀ
(っ◔◡◔)っ  ☆ Fort Worth, Texas ☆
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

I appreciate the feedback.

My feedback to Concur is that I don't understand how end users fit in here.     Most issues relate to how you're set up and what your company policy is.

I wouldn't want our users here getting advice from people who don't know our policies or procedures.  I can't think of anyway this site would be helpful to them.  

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

@SandraA You ask a very good question. We already know the benefits and uses for the admins but the end users are a whole different breed. It's like inviting a baby seal to a shark tank... they love the water just as much as the shark but perhaps the two shouldn't swim together. 

Instead of creating a super secret gated community for the admins, what if this community was primarily for admins like us and we added a kiddie pool area for the end users to visit? We could go there and help them with their questions from time to time, if we have the energy after a long day of answering our own employees questions, but they wouldn't be able to visit the ocean but they still get to go swimming! open ocean.PNG

ค๓๒єг ɭєє - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏɪssᴇᴜʀ
(っ◔◡◔)っ  ☆ Fort Worth, Texas ☆
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @AmberLee - love the idea of the "Kiddie Pool" - that's where the next generation of Admins is going to come from.  In relation to internal policy questions from this group, I would always default to the position of referring them back to their own SAP Concur Admin.  I don't see our role as judging or commenting on a company's internal policies - there is history and reasoning behind these policies we do not fully understand.  What we do understand is how SAP Concur Travel and Expense modules work and how they can be best utilised by our cohort.  Your anology is spot on!

Kind regards

Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics