cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Creating a friends list.

Is there an ability to add users to a friends list? If so how is this done and will I have the ability to send users in my friends list personal messages?

Kind regards

Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
3 Solutions
Solution
AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi Richard,

Yes, there is an SAP Concur Community Friends List function available! You can use your Friends List to create your own community within our community.

Depending on your privacy settings, the people on your Friends List can see your biography, other personal information, or online status. When you send private messages, you can choose friends from a list instead of typing their usernames.

To add people to your Friends List from a private message:

1. Sign in to the SAP Concur Community
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox
  3. Click a message from the user you want to add to your Friend's list and click Friend

Best,

Ashley

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

Solution
AshleyB

Hi Richard,

You are correct. Currently the messages icon is hidden in mobile; however, you are able reach it through a direct link such as this one: 

https://community.concur.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/outbox 

We will work to find a solution to this moving forward. Thank you for helping us improve the community experience during this beta launch!

Best,
Ashley Bragg

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Solution
KellyR
Community Manager
Community Manager

It worked for me! I was able to friend you from the private message you sent me. Thanks for helping us figure this out, Richard.

Kelly Rigotti
Sr. Director, Digital Marketing
SAP Concur

11 REPLIES 11
Solution
AshleyB

Hi Richard,

Yes, there is an SAP Concur Community Friends List function available! You can use your Friends List to create your own community within our community.

Depending on your privacy settings, the people on your Friends List can see your biography, other personal information, or online status. When you send private messages, you can choose friends from a list instead of typing their usernames.

To add people to your Friends List from a private message:

1. Sign in to the SAP Concur Community
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox
  3. Click a message from the user you want to add to your Friend's list and click Friend

Best,

Ashley

Best,
Ashley Bragg

RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @AshleyB - thank you so much for your response. Do I have to be in the non mobile version to create friends because on the mobile I don't see the envelope icon you mention.

Kind regards
Richard Grigg
Solution
AshleyB

Hi Richard,

You are correct. Currently the messages icon is hidden in mobile; however, you are able reach it through a direct link such as this one: 

https://community.concur.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/outbox 

We will work to find a solution to this moving forward. Thank you for helping us improve the community experience during this beta launch!

Best,
Ashley Bragg

RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Thanks Ashley!
Richard Grigg
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi Ashley,

I'm now in the non-mobile version of the community and trying to add say Meggie or yourself to my friends list - at the moment I'm friendless!  How do I make a friend request happen because when i go into your profile the "About Ashley" is greyed out.

Kind regards

Richard Grigg
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi Ashley - sorry for being a pain . I followed your instructions and I have no messages. So if I have it right I can only friend someone who sends me a message?

I'll send you one now.

Richard Grigg
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Okay - my jet lag may be wearing off! I sent a whole host of people including yourself a message to 'friend" me - I think I get it now!

Richard Grigg
Solution
KellyR
Community Manager
Community Manager

It worked for me! I was able to friend you from the private message you sent me. Thanks for helping us figure this out, Richard.

Kelly Rigotti
Sr. Director, Digital Marketing
SAP Concur
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Yay - I have a friend!
Richard Grigg
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi Kelly,

Amber has sent me an inmail - what steps did you do to friend me, so I can copy with her and others?

Kind Regards

Richard Grigg
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

@KellyR - I solved it.  As soon as you click on the conversation title I got the options "friend" or ignore".  We're getting there!

Richard Grigg