cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slindahl
Occasional Member - Level 1

Reporting - Need Help Finding Data Fields

HELP!  I am trying to add a few fields to an existing report in Intelligence to review paid expenses but can not find what I am looking for.  I want to add GL, Cost Center and the Group the employee belongs to on the expense side. I have added all the fields Custom 1 -40 to the report and none of them have the information I am looking for.  I added the Cost Center Name field thinking jackpot I got this one but nothing in that field either.  

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you familiar with the Configuration Report? If so, this is your best option for finding the data items you are looking for, especially the Cost Center field, since it is a custom field. The Configuration Report is found under Admin>Expense Admin.  Now, the report looks a little daunting, but not if you know where to look. There are several links at the top of the Config Report page. The links you probably want to use are the Employee Forms and the Expense Forms. Clicking a link takes you to that part of the report. You will see several columns on this report. You should have a column labled Field Label (the generic name) and Field Name (your customized name for the field). Go down the list of items on the left side of the report until you see one that says Cost Center. Go across the report until you see something like Org Unit -1 or Org Unit - 2, etc. This will tell you the field that was used and what to look for in the data warehouse. The cost center field you mentioned didn't yield any data because it probably wasn't mapped using the Concept Mapping option in Expense Admin. 

Also, keep in mind that GL codes will not appear in a report until the expenses on have been approved by the processor. 

I hope this helps.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MK723
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin D.  Do you know how I can pull a report that has the employee spend, payment type (credit card and cash) and also has the business purpose field and the comment fields?  We want to audit what is being purchased. Can this be found on the configeration reports as well? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Theresa

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Theresa,

Those items won't be found on the configuration report. The Config report is mainly used for finding what data item your custom fields are mapped to. 

All of the items you mentioned are in the data warehouse and can be added to a Cognos report. Not knowing your experience in Cognos, I am going to give you a tip that may change your work life (in regards to Cognos reports) for ever. 

When you log into Cognos you will see the word Launch in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. In the Launch dropdown there is an option that says Help - Concur Model. Click that option. It will open a webpage. At the bottom of the page you will see a heading lableled Data Warehouse or Data Model and you will see the listed the SAP Concur modules: Expense, Travel, Invoice, etc. To the right of Expense you will see some columns. The last column will have two links one for Doc (Document) and PDF. You can click on either of these to open the documention of the Expense area of the data warehouse. Once opened, you can use CTRL+F to do a search for key words, for example Comments or Payment Type. It will show you the results and how many times that word or phrase is mentioned in the document. When you look through the results, you will see the path to use to find that data item. It will look something like this: Expense>Expense Reports>Entry Information. Keep in mind some data items are found in multiple areas in the data warehouse. Give this a try for the items you mentioned and let me know how it goes. If you get stuck, send me a private message. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.