cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drakewinfrey
Occasional Member - Level 2

Master Detail Relationship Filtering

In Cognos 11 (Intelligence) is it possible to filter entries for a Parent List, based on a particular value of a nested data item from another query, that is associated to the Parent List via a master data relationship. I've tried different filters in the imbedded query but have had no success thus far. 

Below is a hypothetical example. In this example, assume Column, 'Type', contains data from another query associated via a master data relationship to the overall Parent List. I would want to filter the whole report based on an embedded value of 'Dog'.  So after filtering the report would return rows 1 and 3 only. 

Name Age Type 

Buddy   3   Dog

Bill          5   Cat

Tom       6   Dog

2 REPLIES 2
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@drakewinfrey Thank you for your post. I am not familiar with your level of Cognos knowledge, but it is possible to setup conditional formatting. I would recommend that you open a case in the SAP Concur Support portal for the team to assist. We also offer free Cognos training

I am sorry, I am not able to provide you the exact conditions or filtering. Let us know if you have further questions. 

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@drakewinfrey do you have a copy of the Master Detail report saved in your My Content area? If so, what is the name of the report? I'd like to get a visual as it is a little difficult to picture what you are looking to do without an example report in front of me. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.