cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

How to link Travel Bookings with Request Data in Cognos Intelligence

Looking to find out if anyone has been able to create a Cognos Intelligence report that would pull both the Travel PNR details along with the Request details?  We previously had a report that was sent out daily to pull the PNR data to a set of approvers, but now that we have migrated over to the Request module to capture different levels of details, we still want to include the actually booking details from Travel along with all the Request HEader fields we have the users fill out.

Thank you

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.
4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tstagliano because the data for Travel Booking and Travel Requests come from two different folders in the data warehouse, you would likely need to create a Union or Join to have the data merged into a single report. I'm pretty sure you can do this, but I'm confirming with a colleague. If so, these can be a bit tricky as you build the queries separately, use the Join or Union, then build the main query where the data is combined. I think you could Google or use ChatGPT to find out how to create Unions and Joins in Cognos. Our training manual does cover a Join, but the example is using data from the Expense area of the data warehouse only.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

i have tried to create a join (extensive knowledge on Cognos) but there is no clearly identified key between the 2 data sets to create the join on.

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tstagliano have you tried using a Union?

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

still the same issue in that i do not know what fields connect the 2 data sets together and there is no Travel Request Key in Expense to connect to the Request folder.

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.