cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CynthiaZ
Occasional Member - Level 2

Concur mobile - blurred receipts

Hi, users (Android and iPhone on latest versions of the app) have mentioned that some of their receipt images are blurred and after recapturing the image it will be clear.  Any tips or explanation to avoid blurred receipts?  

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CynthiaZ the only thing I can think of is just to make sure your hand doesn't move, but they probably already know that. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
TNuser
Occasional Member - Level 1

I have a brand new iPhone 15 that this is happening to. My pictures are so blurry I have had expense reports kick back because of the blurry pictures. Many many issues. Something has to be fixed. This is not acceptable.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TNuser I just tested taking a picture with the mobile app and had no issue with any blurriness. In fact, I don't recall ever having an issue. 

When you take the picture of the receipt, are you doing it by opening the mobile app and then using the camera icon or are you opening the native camera app, taking a picture, then uploading that to an expense? 

I can't really provide any concrete response without knowing the steps you are taking to capture the receipts. I'll await your reply. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
TNuser

That must be why it’s posted multiple times on your chat page as well as many many times all over the Internet as well as the Apple page. Apple even has a recommendation to you about why this is happening and I posted that as well. Glad it’s not happening to you, but it’s happening to many many users out there so sticking your head in the sand is not the answer. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TNuser I didn't see your post about what the Apple recommendation was, where did you post that? 

I agree, sticking one's head in the sand isn't the answer, that's why I tried asking you a few questions about how what the exact steps you are taking to capture receipts and have reached out to our mobile support team. 

In fact, while writing this reply, I received a response from the mobile support team. They provided a workaround. Maybe you already know what it is since you've been doing some searching, but I'll post it here anyway in case you haven't come across it or for anyone else who may read this thread.

The workaround is to disable Macro Control on your iOS device. This is done by going to Settings>Camera and turn off Macro control.  This setting is at the bottom of the Camera options. Give that a try and let me know how it works.

Lastly, our mobile team is working on this so I'm trying to find out the status of where they are with the fix.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
TNuser

I am using the app the same way I have for years. Just started when I received the new Iphone15. 

This was on an Apple site

It sounds like this SAP Concur App has not been properly optimized for iOS 17 or iPhone 15 Pro, which would not be an issue with the phone, but would be an issue with the app.  Apple doesn't own SAP, nor the App Concur, thus they don't own the code inside the app, nor can they do anything with a 3rd party app.

You need to let the folks at SAP Concur know there is an issue with their app.  This link explains how to contact an App Developer -->

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TNuser as I mentioned in my previous reply, our mobile team is aware of this and is working on it. 

Did you try the workaround I mentioned? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey