cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Concur Detect.

I had the privilege of learning more about Concur Detect at Fusion which uses AI technology to detect fraud, duplicate expenses, claims and unusual activity. From what I've seen I am very impressed. I would like to know users thoughts on using Detect in conjunction with the Concur Audit Module - does it fully replace the Audit module altogether or are there advantages of incorporating them both in the expense workflow?

Kind regards
Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
14 REPLIES 14
LindaWilson
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello,

We would like to use Concur detect without Concur Audit but I am following this post closely.

Thank you,

Linda Wilson

SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi Richard -

We're wondering that as well.   Sounds like this was not discussed at Fusion?

It would be hard to know without delving into it and seeing what it can do. 

We've been trying to identify a customer who is using it to learn more from their experience but have not made any progress going down that road either.

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi Sandra - I have asked my Concur contacts to get this question answered asap - their initial response was that it can reduce your percentage of reports going to audit, but I'd like to know more about the product and it's capabilities before I commit to such a decision.

Kind regards
Richard Grigg
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

Hello Richard 

My company has talked to AppZen twice and seen demos.   It's sounding to us like it could replace Concur audit if it works as promised.

Of course there will always be expense reports to review but if they could be narrowed down to reports with real issues we probably could handle the volume.

We're also rethinking what should be audited as opposed to other ways to review or communicate (eg. reports, automated emails, training).

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Ultimately Sandra, I would love to be in a position that when Detect, Audit, a combo of both have done their job, if the report fits within certain monetary thresholds and only contains certain types of transactions it can automatically move to the SAE file and skip the approver!
Richard Grigg
Jonathan

Hi Richard,

Because of the workflow integration that Concur Detect by AppZen has with Concur Expense, you're able to do this (selectively bypass manager approval and send direct to payment) today. We're implementing this right now with one of Concur's largest global customers.

Another slick feature that the workflow integration enables is to automatically send back certain 'violations/mistakes' to the employee for correction without any auditor or manager needing to have wasted time looking at it. An example is an incorrect receipt - if AppZen determines that the receipt doesn't match the expense entered, it can automatically return the expense to the employee and tell them to correct and resubmit.

- jonathan@appzen.com

RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Thanks Jonathan - this sounds great!

I have a meeting set up with a colleague of yours to discuss the prospects of using Detect this Friday.

Kind regards

Richard Grigg
Dawn21

Hi Jonathan, can you tell me how to set up the automatic send back to an employee. Right now, ours gets flagged as a "HIGH" level and we have to manually go in and either approve it or reject it.

Thanks Dawn

stephb
New Member - Level 2

@Dawn21 Were you able to set up the feature to automatically reject an expense to an employee?

Thank you!

Stephanie

Jonathan

Hi Sandra,

Has the Concur team been able to connect you with an existing Detect/AppZen customer? If not, let me know and I'll make sure they get you and Bob set up with what you need.

- jonathan@appzen.com

Claudia

Hello,

I too would like to get more details on Concur Detect as we are in process of implementing Concur Expense globally without Concur Audit. If this product can help reduce the amount of time the AP team audits, would be great so we can focus on the medium/high risks expenses that Detect identifies. Following your post.

Thank you,

Claudia

RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Thanks Claudia - I will reach out to @MeggieC and @KellyR to ensure a subject matter expert from SAP Concur contacts you about this.

Kind regards
Richard Grigg
KellyR
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're on it!

Kelly Rigotti
Sr. Director, Digital Marketing
SAP Concur
fdevevey

Hi, I am also interested in hearing about Concur Detect. We are currently using Oversight for our Analytical Audits but I have seen a demo from AppZen and I really liked their product so I would like to hear more. We have never used Concur Audit.