cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sramasamy37
New Member - Level 1

PDF attachments are not visible at approver end

As part of New Concur Request, my PDF attachments are not visible on the approver end and  while "View attchement" showing as null error.  When i view from my(requester) end it is showing correctly. Could you please assist what might the issue here.

10 REPLIES 10
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sramasamy37 other people that have posted issues with viewing PDFs were using Google Chrome. Not sure if that is the case with your approver. What I can say is if the approver is using Chrome, it is not a Concur issue, but a setting in Chrome. I've provided a screenshot that shows the PDF Documents setting for Chrome to Open PDFs in Chrome rather than Download them. Someone else changed this setting an it cleared up the issue. 

KevinD_0-1634920383845.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JAFISHER
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello Kevin, I am having the same issue while using Microsoft Edge and could not find a PDF setting to make changes. Any ideas?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JAFISHER give these steps a try:

Method 2: Stop opening PDF file if you are using New Edge Chromium.

1. Open Microsoft Edge
  2. Click on the three dots (…) from the right top corner.
  3. Select Settings from the drop down and click on Site permissions from the left pane.
  4. Scroll down and click on PDF documents, Toggle the switch to On for Always open PDF files externally.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JAFISHER

Thank you

JRICE1

Hi Kevin,

I am having the same issue with invoices not appearing in Chrome. When I change my browser setting to "Open PDFs in Chrome" the invoice just appears as a black screen, and if I switch to "Download PDFs" I can't preview the invoice, I have to download it for it to open for viewing.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JRICE1 could you provide me a screenshot please? Be sure to take a screenshot of the entire screen. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
JRICE1

Hi Kevin,

Here is a screenshot of when I try to open the invoice PDF image

JRICE1_0-1649447624735.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JRICE1 since this is a browser issue, I just Googled PDFs not opening in Chrome. Here are the results. You may need to update your browser or clear cache and cookies. 

https://www.bing.com/search?q=PDFs%20not%20viewing%20in%20chrome&FORM=ARPSEC&PC=ARPL&PTAG=20056

I wish I had a more solid answer, but see if one of the list fixes works and let me know.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
wtfseriously
New Member - Level 2

Try recreating a new profile in Chrome

@wtfseriously good suggestions. BTW...a good friend of mine works for your company. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey