cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catagomez1120
Occasional Member - Level 1

two-factor authentication

How can I set up two-factor authentication? 

1 Solution
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Catagomez1120 Hello!  Once this becomes required, you will be prompted when logging in to set this up. 

Here is more info:  

• Starting October 18, 2023, until November 15, 2023: Users can set up 2FA during the sign-in process. During this period, a valid email address is not required, but it is strongly recommended that all admins encourage their users to proactively ensure they have a valid email address entered in their profiles. Further instructions on setting up 2FA and ensuring a valid email address can be found in our External FAQ.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Catagomez1120 Hello!  Once this becomes required, you will be prompted when logging in to set this up. 

Here is more info:  

• Starting October 18, 2023, until November 15, 2023: Users can set up 2FA during the sign-in process. During this period, a valid email address is not required, but it is strongly recommended that all admins encourage their users to proactively ensure they have a valid email address entered in their profiles. Further instructions on setting up 2FA and ensuring a valid email address can be found in our External FAQ.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Catagomez1120

Thank you! 

hsoh
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi, Melani Taufen

Could we turn off two-factor authentication?

We want to log in method that enter pass word once.

apereira
New Member - Level 2

@MelanieT  Can we turn off 2FA? I am not finding it necessary for our organization. 

Cbeck

Hi  we have verified email however when try to sign in it will notaccept Key code as valid

ltboeck

I'm having the same issue. 

madisonnummy

Googling the Chrome Google Authenticator extension helped us and was relatively easy to set up and use. 

kberwin

Our corporate standard is the Microsoft Authenticator App and our users can't install anything on their devices. This was not a well thought-out rollout. This should be opt-in with a strong recommendation to configuring SSO.

missourii
New Member - Level 1

@MelanieT Hello I am still unsure of how to proceed. I do not have the Google Authenticator App on my phone and do not want to take up additional space. How can this be done manually? Thank you.

madisonnummy

Googling the Chrome Google Authenticator extension helped us and was relatively easy to set up and use

sheilamccarty

Copying key code is NOT working for us either.  

blacklab95
New Member - Level 1

I cannot login using the QR code or copying the code.  Please advise about what to do next.

SBURCIN
New Member - Level 2

Not working.......copy and pasted code and it tells me that it is not correct.

dawnmayfield

@MelanieT 

I have same issue. so what do I need to do?

CatCop

All - if you have the Microsoft Authenticator App, and you already have an account. This is how we were able to gain access to Concur: 

1. Open your microsoft authenticator app

2. Click verified IDs in bottom right on the bottom nav of the app

3. Click Scan QR code

4. Scan QR code on Concur

5. Go back to authenticator, home icon on bottom of nav,

6. You will see the new SAP concur authentication code

**(this is different than the 6 digit code when you click on the account)

I hope this helps! I spent 3 hours trying to figure this out. 

rphelps
Occasional Member - Level 3

If you dont want to use your personal mobile phone, see "How to log in with 2FA without the QR code?" thread.  I posted how I was able to login using browser add on from instructions listed in the "Solution" External FAQ link from @MelanieT in this thread.  On page 6 of that document is how to login without using QR code.

Hi, @MelanieT -

I would recommend a revision to the 2FA architecture. At present, the 2FA is being enforced against all Concur profiles, even against CIPs and profiles where "Is a Test User" checkbox is checked, which does not make any sense.

It does make sense to enforce 2FA for "Live" real users in Concur because they have "real transactions" that could impact a company's Financial Statements and could cause the misreporting on the "Income Statement", which eventually becomes consolidated into the "Balance Sheet". Makes total sense. 

But, for Concur profiles where the "Is a Test User" checkbox is checked, or for CIPs, or for "Test Environments", there SHOULD NOT be any enforcement of 2FA. Why should there be such enforcement?  There are companies with "Test User" profiles that need to test the functionality of the site. There may be employees in different countries that will be testing the site and it would not make sense to either have all Testers have all the Test User profiles and require them to each register them with 2FA authentication just to test the Concur implementation. It would also not make sense for Testers to contact another Tester in the middle of the night just to request their 2FA authentication token.

My recommendation, which seems obvious, is if the "Is a Test User" checkbox is checked, and for CIPs and Test Environments, do not enforce 2FA, and ONLY enforce 2FA for "Live" real users with real transactions. Can you pass this recommendation up the chain to the developers to correct the systems architecture to grant exemptions for "Is a Test User" profiles, and CIPs. 

Hi, @MelanieT -

If separate CIP accounts could be provided for each CIP in a client site to configure implementations, then granting any exemptions for CIPs would not be necessary. However, for "Test Users" where the "Is a Test User" checkbox is checked, then it would still be necessary because of the logistics involved in testing across Countries around the world. Do you agree?

JacquiLacey

This is not working.. I have been on hold for over 1.5 HOURS trying to get a Help Desk person on the phone.  My rep can only send me how to download a browser extension, which isn't working anyways.   Has there been any updates from your IT people on how we are to get into our accounts?  People rely on this for payment and we can't do it.  Something needs to be done on how to correct this problem. Clearly it is not working so roll it back until you can test it correctly.  seriously annoyed
I have Microsoft authenticator - i've tried the 6 digit code with and without the space, i have copied & paste the 32 digit key that Concur provides only be to told I'm wrong.  

CatCop

@JacquiLacey, Did you try my instructions? It seems to be working for most. 

If you have the Microsoft Authenticator App, and you already have an account. This is how we were able to gain access to Concur: 

1. Open your microsoft authenticator app

2. Click verified IDs in bottom right on the bottom nav of the app

3. Click Scan QR code

4. Scan QR code on Concur

5. Go back to authenticator, home icon on bottom of nav,

6. You will see the new SAP concur authentication code

**(this is different than the 6 digit code when you click on the account)