cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francozinni
Occasional Member - Level 2

Turn off Two-Factor OR Submit Claim as another user

My company is requesting the Executive Assistant to be able to submit claims in behalf of the CEO or his secretary.

Since logging in as another user is not possible because of Two-Factor, I wanted to know if it can be turned off

If it can't be turned off like I read in an older thread, then how can a user submit claims in behalf of another user? Is this possible?

Also, can I set the CEO's approver as his own account? I can't seem to do it

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
leela2516
Super User
Super User

Hello @francozinni - We set up the administrators as delegates to act on behalf of the executive they work for. This allows them to submit expense reports on behalf of the executive and does not interfere with Concur's requirement of two-factor authentication. As for the approver of the CEO's expense reports, we have an individual in Finance defined as the approver. 

Hello @francozinni 

If you want a user to be exempt from approval, You should mark option "Exempt from Approval ..."  in their profile,

In our case we are exempt from approval of expenses and requests.

And he/she doesn't have any manager assigned.

Mark option;

cjmarimo_0-1711971958705.png

No manager:

* Expenses:

cjmarimo_1-1711972092381.png

To present expense reports on behalf of the executive, we do so as indicated by @leela2516 

BR,

cj

@cjmarimo - We must not have that functionality available. Can you tell me where the checkbox Exempt from Approval is located? We would not use it as we still require checks and balances. However, I am curious where this option is located as I've never seen it.

@leela2516 

Of Course.

In user administration:  Administration->Company Admin->User Administration

cjmarimo_0-1711973527200.png

Select user

cjmarimo_1-1711973548069.png

Edit the user and look for section "Expense and Invoice Settings"

cjmarimo_4-1711973782822.png

Thank you @cjmarimo - I just looked again and we must not have that functionality turned on as I do not have those options. Thank you for taking the time to show me where it would be located. 

Hi @leela2516 

We load the employee data automatically through the interface, and I have seen that for these fields we use Custom Fields (Custom 15 and 16). Therefore it is not a standard Concur option. What I don't see is how they are reflected in the user form.

Shared: Employee Import Specification (concurtraining.com)

cjmarimo_0-1711976259769.png

BR,

cj

@cjmarimo - thanks for that. To add them to a form, you would go to Administration > Expense > Forms and Fields > Form Type = Employee > Form Fields and add the custom fields to the employee form you use. In our case, we copy the default form and then make the changes on the copy to maintain the standard form.

@leela2516  Tkanks.

I had looked where you told me but I don't have the "Employee" Form Type.

cjmarimo_0-1711984215625.png

I'll ask our SAP consultant about this.

francozinni
Occasional Member - Level 2

Thanks, I have the option available unlike leela, so it works for me

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@francozinni two-factor cannot be turned off, hence the use of delegates as explained by @leela2516. Also, the system does not allow users to approve their own reports, even if they are the CEO. 🙂 

You can also skip approval steps for individuals if you want. You would need access to Workflows to do this. If you do not have full site access, you can submit a support ticket to ask that the CEO's reports approvals be skipped. Also sounds like @cjmarimo has a pretty good option for you as well that you might not need full site access to turn on. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.