cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daguilar63
Occasional Member - Level 1

Mileage Reimbursement Standard

I am stumped by an employee's mileage reimbursement request. They were dropped/picked up at the airport and thus the vehicle made a total of 4 trips. I have always been under the impression that the policy stood for a single r/t. Any suggestions would be welcome. If it adds anything to the question, taking an r/t Uber might still have been more expensive than these 4 trips, but that may not be the case next time.

1 Solution
Solution
Daguilar63

@KevinD No, we do not have a specific policy about an employee being taken to and from the airport (or destination) by another that would cause this situation. Also, the employee was away for a week which certainly would have made the parking whether on/off site much more expensive. Like you said, my interpretation of the intent of this policy is based on individual travel, however, the employee actually saved us money because UBER would have been about 50% more expensive than what she is asking to be reimbursed. I will make a modification to our policy to cover this scenario. Thank you for your time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Daguilar63 does your company have a policy about this? Were they dropped off by a significant other that used their car?

If it were me, I would only approve one round trip. I think the intent is based on an individual traveler, so had they been by themselves, it would have been one round trip. However, as I'm typing this...you. could research to see how much airport parking would have been. If the mileage reimbursement for the second round trip is less than what would have been paid for airport parking , then I could be persuaded to approve two round trips. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
Daguilar63

@KevinD No, we do not have a specific policy about an employee being taken to and from the airport (or destination) by another that would cause this situation. Also, the employee was away for a week which certainly would have made the parking whether on/off site much more expensive. Like you said, my interpretation of the intent of this policy is based on individual travel, however, the employee actually saved us money because UBER would have been about 50% more expensive than what she is asking to be reimbursed. I will make a modification to our policy to cover this scenario. Thank you for your time.