cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sachs
New Member - Level 1

How to get Just a Quote?

I often need to get a Quote for Travel (flight, hotel, car). What is the best way to get a quote? When I start the process and choose a flight, I get a price.. but also a warning "if you proceed this will book your flight".. and another warning that Cancelling will charge you a Fee. So, I usually get a screenshot, then cancel the trip.. Start a new Hotel request. Get that screenshot. Cancel that one. Then do the Car rental. It's frustrating!! 

How do I get a combo quote, but not actually submit, and not get any cancellation fees?

There should be a quote-friendly option!!

Thank you for any suggestions!!

1 Solution
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@sachs We have a product called Concur Request, that is used for this purpose.  I was able to look though I don't see that your company pays for this service.  Unfortunately, unless your company gets Request, you will have to do it the way you are doing it.  Maybe you can check with some co-workers or your direct manager to see how they are doing it within your company too.  

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hello @sachs I am sorry for your frustration.  Are you required to give your manager or someone else a quote of what your trip will cost before you can book?  

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
sachs
New Member - Level 1

Hi @MelanieT - Yes, exactly! I have to get a quote, then approval, and then I can book.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sachs from what you describe, your company should consider our Request module. However, we do have options that can help. One of which is a Travel rule that requires all bookings to get approval before it is booked. I'm confirming with a colleague that the approver will see the cost of the trip. The nice thing about this rule is it can be easily created and activated. 

Also, there are ways to set certain options for Air, Car and Hotel as within company policy. If your company sets this up, it would alleviate the need for approval or getting a quote. You might want to provide this feedback for your company's travel admins. Getting the quote, in my opinion, is not necessary and is causing a delay in booking and causing you more work. Just my opinion though. 😀

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@sachs We have a product called Concur Request, that is used for this purpose.  I was able to look though I don't see that your company pays for this service.  Unfortunately, unless your company gets Request, you will have to do it the way you are doing it.  Maybe you can check with some co-workers or your direct manager to see how they are doing it within your company too.  

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
sachs
New Member - Level 1

Ok. That is sad. Thank you for the answer though!!