cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fact or Fiction -- October 2023

Hello everyone. Yes, it is that time again. Here is your chance to show off your SAP Concur knowledge and expertise or your ability to make a good 50/50 guess.

Now, in past Fact or Fictions the topic of Concur Travel has not received as many replies. However, I need to be fair and provide topics around all our products. So, even if you aren't sure...just take a guess.

Let us hear your thoughts.

Anyway, here we go.

Fact or Fiction: Concur Travel doesn’t show all flights available. I looked on the airline website and there are flights there that aren’t showing in Concur Travel.

I'll be awaiting your replies.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
9 REPLIES 9
Kevpat
Occasional Member - Level 2

Fact!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kevpat would you mind sharing why you say Fact? 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
aknudsen
Occasional Member - Level 3

Fact. Some flights are out of compliance per our policy, so users will not see them in SAP Concur.

leela2516
Super User
Super User

Fact - Because the company may have agreements and rules that prohibit some flights from being selected. So, they would not be displayed based on the rules in place for the travel piece. 

rwingerd
Super User
Super User

I am going with Fiction.  Concur Travel can display all flights/airlines that are in the GDS.  It is your configuration that limits the flights/airlines that are displayed to travelers.  In our case we limit/suppress most refundable flights and also suppress select airlines.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rwingerd hmmm....interesting explanation. I will be confirming or denying the answer on Monday. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
cmakai
Routine Member - Level 2

Fact. Our company is only configured to work with certain airlines, so we would not see "all flights" available. Only company approved airlines would be listed.

JorgeL
Routine Member - Level 1

Fact. Concur travel will only shows the flights that are in compliance with the travel policy stablished by your company.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello all...I know you've all been anxiously awaiting the answer to this, so here it is.

Fact: Each company can implement their own travel rules that will filter out certain flight options, for example certain fares classes and prices. So yes, Concur Travel doesn’t always show all flight options.

While it is a Fact that Concur Travel can show all flights, the reality is that companies put in restrictions on certain flights. So, Concur Travel doesn't show all flights, but it is due to travel rules and policies put into place.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey