cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fact or Fiction -- May 2023

Hello all. It is that time again for Fact or Fiction. Please tell me what you think about the following:

Fact or Fiction: TripLink and TripIt are the same. They are just two similar names for the same service. 

I'll be looking forward to seeing your responses. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
7 REPLIES 7
HeatherHealey
Routine Member - Level 1

Fiction - two different products with different purposes.

leela2516
Super User
Super User

Fiction - Although I don't work much with the travel side, I believe I have seen different things about both so I'm going with Fiction.

Tiffani
Occasional Member - Level 3

Fiction, not the same.

NoraCal
Occasional Member - Level 2

Fiction. They are not the same thing. However not too sure of the differences between them. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the replies so far...at this point in time I am not at liberty to reveal whether it is Fact of Fiction, but I will revealing the answer on Monday. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rmconners
Occasional Member - Level 3

Fiction---they are not one in the same.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alright everyone. I know you were anxiously awaiting the answer to this month's Fact or Fiction so here it is.

Answer: Fiction.

TripLink is a service, whereas TripIt is an app. TripLink allows for bookings to happen outside of Concur Travel while still providing users with their corporate discount rates. It also provides the ability to track invisible spend. Lastly, with TripLink trips booked outside of Concur Travel can still have your company's travel policies applied to them to make sure they are in compliance.

TripIt is an app that tracks your travel itinerary and sends you alerts regarding upcoming trips. TripIt has other features, but this is the short and sweet description.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey