cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fact or Fiction - June 2023

Hello everyone. It is that time again for Fact or Fiction. You all know how this works, post your replies as to whether what I have stated is Fact or Fiction.

Fact or Fiction: ExpenseIt did not create my expense report.

Let's see what everyone thinks. I'll be posting the official answer in this thread on Monday.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
9 REPLIES 9
MEcnx
Occasional Member - Level 3

Fiction. When Expense Assistant is on, items captured with ExpenseIT will go into an expense report. Then the user can review and edit the items there.

MSteele
Routine Member - Level 1

Fact - ExpenseIt is a way to capture receipts on the mobile app.  It does not create expense reports.  Expense Assistant is the function within Concur that will assist in creating expense reports.

leela2516
Super User
Super User

FACT - ExpenseIt captures and reads receipts to create an expense, not an expense report.

CorinaB
Occasional Member - Level 2

Fact: ExpenseIt does not create expense report. Expense Assistant does that. ExpenseIt creates an expense after a receipt is photographed with the phone.

cjoyner8
Routine Member - Level 1

Fact!  ExpenseIt takes photos of receipts which import into Concur as line items, not creating a new expense report.

PamB
Occasional Member - Level 3

Fact! ExpenseIt is for mobile receipt pictures and Expense Assistant must be also be on to add to receipts to a report. 

cpolifka1
Routine Member - Level 2

Fact: When Expense Assistant is on, items using the Concur Mobile app ExpenseIT for receipt capture will go into available receipts. Once matching credit card transactions is ready then can be combined/match to add to create the expense report.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for all the replies so far. I'll be posting the official answer on Monday.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alright everyone, thank you so much for your replies. Here is the "official" answer:

Fact: ExpenseIt only creates individual expense entries. You still need to add those entries to your report. Expense Assistant is the feature that will automatically create expense reports for users.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey