cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fact or Fiction -- August 2023

Alright...it is that time everyone...Fact or Fiction. I'm hoping this month's topic might be a little more challenging. So far I haven't really stumped anyone because you all know too much. 🙂

Anyway, here we go:

Fact or Fiction: SAP Concur isn’t allowing me to change my flight.

This one I purposely left a little vague, so put on your thinking cap.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
7 REPLIES 7
rwingerd
Super User
Super User

Fiction - Concur does allow travelers to change flight, however, a lot of organizations do not allow changes to be made through Concur.  Our organization requires travelers to contact the TMC for any flight changes and we do this as a way to avoid unnecessary flight change charges.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rwingerd thank you for the reply. At this time I cannot confirm or deny if your response is correct. That will come on Monday. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Whenever someone says "Concur isn't allowing x" it is almost always "my company's policy isn't allowing x".

leela2516
Super User
Super User

Fiction - Concur would not be what isn't allowing you to change your flight, it would be the configuration based on the companies processes and procedures.

rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Fiction - Not an expert when it comes to travel. However, my procurement partners always tell me that changes to or cancellation of the ticket may lead to additional fares and penalties. This is where the Travel agents are able to provide more guidance and hence they should be used when making changes/ cancellations.

Calzone13
Occasional Member - Level 2

Fact, you have to call your travel business partner to make flight changes.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alright everyone. Thank you for the responses. Here is the "official" answer.

First, notice I didn't say "SAP Concur Travel isn't allowing me to change my flight". That was a little bit of a clue. 🙂

Fiction: The inability to change a flight after booking is a setting turned on by each individual company. SAP Concur has no part in the decision to turn off the ability to change flights within the Concur Travel tool.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey