cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cninocloudsnap
Occasional Member - Level 1

Employee Error

Good afternoon, I would like to know if anyone has or has seen this error, and if so I would like to know if you know how I could solve it, thank you

The BI Manager ID 'xxx' cannot be assigned to employee ID 'ggg' because the BI Manager has a circular reference [ggg->Mgr:xxx->Mgr:aaa->Mgr:bbb->Mgr:ccc->Mgr:ddd]. <br/>You can either change the BI Manager ID so the circular reference no longer exists or use the Cognos Consumer role. The Intelligence documentation (available via the Concur Help link in Cognos) contains details on the Consumer role and its use within Intelligence.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cninocloudsnap If I remember correctly the circular reference means that you have someone assigned to be another employee's BI Manager, but that person is the BI Manager for first employee. For example, I'm assigned as Mitchell's BI Manager, but then Mitchell gets assigned as the BI Manager for someone above me in the BI Manager hierarchy.  That is the circular reference. The BI Manager permission is a hierarchy that works from the top down. So, if I am Mitchell's BI Manager, the system sees me as above him in the hierarchy. Now you assign Mitchell as a BI Manager for someone above me in the hierarchy and it tries to see him as above me. It cannot work that way. 

Does that make sense? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cninocloudsnap If I remember correctly the circular reference means that you have someone assigned to be another employee's BI Manager, but that person is the BI Manager for first employee. For example, I'm assigned as Mitchell's BI Manager, but then Mitchell gets assigned as the BI Manager for someone above me in the BI Manager hierarchy.  That is the circular reference. The BI Manager permission is a hierarchy that works from the top down. So, if I am Mitchell's BI Manager, the system sees me as above him in the hierarchy. Now you assign Mitchell as a BI Manager for someone above me in the hierarchy and it tries to see him as above me. It cannot work that way. 

Does that make sense? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
cninocloudsnap
Occasional Member - Level 1

@KevinD 

It makes a lot of sense to me, thank you very much, I am going to correct this error based on this explanation. Thanks for answering so quickly.

@cninocloudsnap happy to help. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey