cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bo1arrow
New Member - Level 2

Credit Card Expiration date being updated to soon

Has anyone experienced credit card expiration date being updated before the user has the new card. This is causing some issues for my travelers and hope to find a solution. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bo1arrow I've not come across this issue in the 13 years I've been at SAP Concur. Sounds like the card company has the new expiration date already active, even though the user doesn't physically have the card. 

Is it possible for your users to contact the card company and get the new date? Are the users getting a new card number or is it the same account, but just with a new expiration date? 

If it is just the date, they could get the new date from the card company and then enter the new date on the card they have on their SAP Concur profile. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jarozelle
New Member - Level 1

@KevinD  in the case that he's describing (same company), the card company issues the card in the mail and it takes three weeks to arrive. The same time the card is going in the mail the hierarchy file (their term) goes from MasterCard to Concur, containing the new expiration date but not the old expiration date, and overwrites the old expiration date. So a little less than three weeks before the letter arrives in the mail with the new card, the employee could try to book travel using the travel side of Concur and get their card declined due to an expiration date on a card that's not yet activated.

When we asked the card company about this, they said there is nothing they can do, the file they're sending is the file they're sending. They said the issue is on the Concur Expense side. They said Concur should be smart enough to ignore the expiration date they're sending.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jarozelle thank you for clarifying. I'm racking my brain thinking how the SAP Concur system would know to ignore the new expiration date. Then how would the expiration date ever get updated then? 

I posted your question internally to see if there is some sort of work around, fix or anything you can do other than try and get the new expiration dates and have your employees update it on their SAP Concur profile. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jarozelle update: There is an option to avoid this in the future, but SAP Concur would need to do it. It would be having the synch to travel settings disabled. This will then not override the current expiration date. The implication of doing this is that the next time the cards get new expiration dates, each user would need to manually update the expiration date on their travel profile. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey