cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mab
Occasional Member - Level 3

Car Configuration 2 reimbursement rates

We have set up different groups for different car configuration rates. Is it possible to go to one group and have different rates. We have employees with car allowance with a lower rate than the IRS allows. Everybody else gets the rate allowed by IRS.
2 Solutions
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mab Hello there. I'm hoping you can clarify things a bit. You have a group of employees that should be using the IRS rate for car mileage reimbursement. Now, when you say, "we have employees with car allowance with a lower rate..." are these employees using different rates or is this group all using the same rate? 

I'm asking because if you have different groups set up for different car configuration rates, then all those using the IRS rate should be assigned to the Group that uses this rate. Alternatively, you can have one car configuration apply to multiple groups. This would allow you to assign the same rate to several different groups. However, you cannot have multiple rates that apply to one Group. The only way this can happen is to set the car configuration to be Variable Rate, but this goes off of mileage driven, not the Group or the employee. 

Let me know if this makes sense or if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

Solution
mab

HI Kevin, 

That is what it looked like to me when reviewing the configuration workbook, and car configuration.  Thanks for confirming. 

There's a group trying to set up automated feed of employee data and were using location.  That won't help since all of our groups are in US and we have 3 groups we use and 2  policies. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mab Hello there. I'm hoping you can clarify things a bit. You have a group of employees that should be using the IRS rate for car mileage reimbursement. Now, when you say, "we have employees with car allowance with a lower rate..." are these employees using different rates or is this group all using the same rate? 

I'm asking because if you have different groups set up for different car configuration rates, then all those using the IRS rate should be assigned to the Group that uses this rate. Alternatively, you can have one car configuration apply to multiple groups. This would allow you to assign the same rate to several different groups. However, you cannot have multiple rates that apply to one Group. The only way this can happen is to set the car configuration to be Variable Rate, but this goes off of mileage driven, not the Group or the employee. 

Let me know if this makes sense or if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
mab

HI Kevin, 

That is what it looked like to me when reviewing the configuration workbook, and car configuration.  Thanks for confirming. 

There's a group trying to set up automated feed of employee data and were using location.  That won't help since all of our groups are in US and we have 3 groups we use and 2  policies. 

Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

n set up 2 different car configurations and the employee would be responsible for selecting the correct one.  One could be Allowance car mileage and the other the Personal car reimbursement, for example.  These would be set with different rates.   When we had allowance drivers, there were different rates for each driver based on their location and once they registered their car into their car config profile, it would assign the rate.  I was responsible for maintaining the rates on the config page for each driver, or removing them when they moved to a company car.  You could have them log their car name as Allowance, and then have that rate set up.

Nancy Murray
Agfa