cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mass
Occasional Member - Level 3

2FA in test environments

Hi,

I administrate Concur and our 2 test environments. I am heavily involved in all Concur projects and am finding that 2FA is causing our team issues when testing.

It would be good to be able to toggle 2FA in our test environments and switch it off if we deem it low risk.

We perform end to end testing. So a user account is created in our HR system and flows into Concur. We then process claims and monitor the flow into our ERP system and beyond.

We have many countries/subsidiaries/employee groups and we use actual staff accounts that exist in the peripheral systems to avoid data mapping issues. We do not use Concur test accounts.

The main issue I have is that there are a team of approx 10 us who share these user accounts for testing purposes and the system is not allowing us to generate QR codes for the same test user accounts.

If a colleague uses an account to log in and uses the authentication QR code, I cannot then use that same user account.

It would be great to be able to toggle it on/off.

We use single sign on for our Production site so no issue there.

1 Solution
Solution
leela2516
Super User
Super User

@Mass - I think it had enough votes to be acknowledged, so hopefully they will update it to the next status and work on moving it forward.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mass there are already those of our customers who have put in Enhancement Requests regarding 2FA and test sites.

I'm going to send you a private message, so check your little envelope icon here in a few minutes.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
leela2516
Super User
Super User

@Mass - Same with us - and it has impacted our automated scripts for testing. With that said, I have voted for the enhancement request(s) that I believe Kevin was planning to share with you via a message. 

Mass

Hi @leela2516 / @KevinD 

Please could you send the link to the enhancement? I'd like to add my vote.

Many thanks.

@Mass - Try Improvement Request Details - Customer Influence (sap.com). This link is for 2FA should NOT be mandatory for Test users or Test sites, Request ID 310565.

Mass

Thanks for the link.

I get an error when clicking your link "Object does not exist or access is denied".

I have tried searching too but cannot find an ID 310565

@Mass - I wonder if your access is not there. Here is what I see: 

leela2516_0-1698851522676.png

Mass

Thanks Leela, I appreciate your assistance.

Unfortunately I only see this..

Mass_0-1698852674667.png

I have tried manually browsing through the Requests but it again it isn't visible in the list for me.

Never mind, I just hope it succeeds without my vote as it has already wasted hours of my time. I don't know if anyone at Concur can appreciate how problematic this can be for some of their clients.

Solution
leela2516
Super User
Super User

@Mass - I think it had enough votes to be acknowledged, so hopefully they will update it to the next status and work on moving it forward.

@Mass - So, surprisingly, I got a notice that something on this request changed and I went in to look at it and it is now back in the "Submitted" status. Currently there are 93 companies that have voted on this Improvement Request so I would think it should be moved to the next status. I just wanted to keep you up to date on where it stands. I'm a bit surprised they changed it from Acknowledged back to Submitted.

leela2516_0-1699909747570.png

Well @Mass, the enhancement request was denied. Very disappointing. 

leela2516_0-1699965589619.png

Mass

Thanks Leela

I guess we'll have to struggle along. Not sure of the impact to automated testing either. Will cross that bridge when I get there.

kevinwu
Occasional Member - Level 1

I have an idea, which is to add the personnel account to be tested to the agent that needs to use the test account for testing, and then log in with the personal account during the test and then switch to the agent test account for use. I don’t know if this situation is satisfactory. Problem with multiple people using the same account for testing.