cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SueW
Occasional Member - Level 3

2 factor authentication

Can we use the Okta app for two factor authentication?

Sue Westphal
2 Solutions
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SueW as far as I understand it, any Authenticator app should work. It's the act of having the authenticator app read the QR code, so that's why it should work with any. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

Solution
leela2516
Super User
Super User

@SueW - We are using Okta and it is working fine. To note, I know this is a bit late, but with so many posts, I'm just now seeing it.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SueW as far as I understand it, any Authenticator app should work. It's the act of having the authenticator app read the QR code, so that's why it should work with any. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
SBURCIN
New Member - Level 2

The two step authentication is NOT working.......will not accept copy and paste code.  Please advise.

dlaymance
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin, try it without the space. Run all of the numbers together.

aliatabsinvcom
New Member - Level 2

is there one that allows the user to just hit APPROVE rather than generate a code - maybe that is easier for the admins trying to access executive's reports.

lbm
Junior Member - Level 1

Were on Govt equipment and cant go around installing authenticator apps.  Is there a way to go around 2FA for now?  

JacquiLacey
Occasional Member - Level 2

2FA is NOT working, the extension that was provided is not working, the 32 code is not working, using different browsers is not working, your IT people aren't working because i've been on hold for over 1.5 hours waiting for someone.  Actually I'm sure they are but this is very frustrating.  We need to pay our employees and we can't even get into the account!!

I was also on hold for 45 minutes.  I entered my phone number for a call back and 3 hours later, no one from Concur has called me back.

I am a Back Office Administrator.  This is totally unacceptable.  I noticed they are tricky and shut down the Case Ticket support page whenever they have major problems.

skostiuk
New Member - Level 2

I am having this same issue

missymv2x

We have over 14,000 Concur Travel & Expense users.  I have already had 300+ of them contact me and they are unable to access due to their location and lack of cell service at their site location.  Even my admins in the building cannot access Travel & Expense.

We do not have SSO, but this must be disabled. So many people need to process travel and expense daily.  This is a total work stoppage.

dlaymance

I would like to add that when I read the QR code and it gave me a code it was presented to me like this:  407 123 In reality it should've been presented to me without a space, like this:  407123. The code with a space was not accepted. The code without a space was accepted. Concur is making this harder than it needs to be.

vwagner
New Member - Level 2

this is not working for us either.  

jwestbrooks1
Occasional Member - Level 3

i've created a suggestion to Concur for options to the cell phone app and browser extensions 

https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/310567

it can be found at the above 

Solution
leela2516
Super User
Super User

@SueW - We are using Okta and it is working fine. To note, I know this is a bit late, but with so many posts, I'm just now seeing it.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello all...I know there are some people posting about the long wait times when calling in. Believe me, our Support team is doing what they can as fast as they can.

For those on this thread that said 2FA was not working, is that still the case? If so, drop a message here. Reminder, for those in areas without cell service, are they also without internet? I'm asking because users can use the browser extensions to get their 2FA codes.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
LindaNBay

I have a similar problem as WC11, except I never got a QR code or an email with the login after  I put in the user name and password.  After the user and password--   and got the following message.  

Set Up Two-Factor Authentication

You must set up two-factor authentication to continue to sign in. An email has been sent with instructions to set up two-factor authentication.
If you do not receive an email, check your spam folder or contact your company administrator for support.
I never received an email -or page with QR on it-or any page with a place to log in a code-and I checked all the places including SPAM.
wc11

I scanned the QR code with my camera and NOT in the authenticator app- I am also NOT receiving the emails that concur is sending me with passcode to get into account. I cant get in online or on my concur phone app....my IT team cant fix....HELP