cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCassell220
Routine Member - Level 2

Travel Assistant booked trips show up as Private items in traveler's Outlook Calendar

We have a new CEO and when his Executive Assistant books travel for him in Concur (as his Travel Assistant) then when she goes into his Outlook Calendar afterwards to view the trip and make sure it's showing there sometimes it's fine, then other times she can only see it as a "Private" calendar item and can't really confirm it or go back later to see the description for what is scheduled.   Sometimes it doesn't show the travel reservation in his calendar at all.

This may not be a Concur issue and instead may be something to do with his Outlook email calendar setup and permissions, but since it doesn't act the same way every time I'm really not sure if it's coming from an issue with Concur, or with his Outlook email / calendar setup.    Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Debbie Cassell
1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DCassell220 I know the option to have travel show on Outlook calendars is something users need to do within their Outlook. However, the erratic behavior is a bit puzzling. Not sure why it would show up sometimes and not other times. Because it is an Outlook related issue, I'm not sure if we have good support documentation on this issue.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DCassell220 I know the option to have travel show on Outlook calendars is something users need to do within their Outlook. However, the erratic behavior is a bit puzzling. Not sure why it would show up sometimes and not other times. Because it is an Outlook related issue, I'm not sure if we have good support documentation on this issue.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DCassell220
Routine Member - Level 2

Thanks, Kevin!   That's what I was afraid of!

Debbie Cassell
ijgordon
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi - we have had this issue as well. First, you have to disable the automatic imports of travel itineraries into the travelers' calendar, which I think is a setting only accessible via the Outlook web interface, not the desktop program. Your regular help desk may be able to help. Then, if you manually import the travel itinerary details into Outlook from the email confirmations (I believe it's a .ics file you double-click to open, and then it asks if you want to import the its items into your calendar, the travel elements should go in without the privacy flag. Also, I find these versions of the calendar items more user-friendly. E.g., the full itinerary item is in the "notes" section of the appointment, including LOCAL departure/arrival times, which can sometimes be confusing when flying across time zones.

Debbie-N-OK
Occasional Member - Level 2

I just spoke with the Help Team today about this very issue but with a twist.  Anyone traveler who I am assisting and login as them - the tool adds me as their primary assistant.  This causes every itinerary afterward (unless I ask the traveler to remove me) to appear on my calendar.  @KevinD - what if " Never Concur" is loaded as the prime assistant? Would that fix the problem?

@Debbie-N-OK that probably would work. I assume you would then be using the Never Concur profile to do the bookings for others. Also, if you don't travel yourself, you could just turn off the automatically add events to calendar option as @ijgordon mentioned.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey