cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TravelGirl
Occasional Member - Level 2

Message Text in E-Mail when Adding a New User

Is there a way to change the template for the email message permanently? I would like to use a custom message without having to copy and paste it every time I enter in a new user.

3 REPLIES 3
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@TravelGirl Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. I assume your are referencing the Welcome Email that is sent to new users. Here are the steps to edit the Welcome Email.

Professional Edition:

The message in the Welcome Email for manually-created new users is set by default. However, you can add/modify the From, Subject, and Message Text fields for each new user. 

The Message Text has a maximum of 1,000 characters, including spaces, special characters and new lines.

Note: Each time the Add New User link on the main User Administration page is clicked, or the Save and Notify New User button is selected in the new user entry form, the Email Parameters section will revert to the default text.

To modify the Welcome Email for manually-created new users, please see below:

1. Go to Administration > Company > Company Admin
  2. Click User Administration
  3. Click Add User link at the top of the page
  4. Enter new user details
  5. Go to Email Parameters at the bottom of the page
  6. Modify email address in From field, if needed, e.g.,
  • From  accountspayable@domain.com
        7. Modify Subject field, if needed, e.g., 
  • Subject  Welcome to SAP Concur T&E System

8. Update text as needed in Message Text window but leave data variables, [FIRSTNAME], [LASTNAME], [LOGIN] and [LOGINURL] as-is. 
        9. Click the Save and Notify New User button to send the updated Welcome Email

Standard Edition:

To edit the message or subject on the Welcome Email, please see below:

1. Go to Administration > Expense (and Invoice) Settings
  2. Under the Access to Concur heading, locate User Accounts and click on the Edit button
  3. Click on the  Edit Invite button
  4. Edit the Email Subject or Message as desired
  5. Check or uncheck the Automatically send invite email to all existing users box
  6. Click Save

Standard Edition changes are saved for subsequent new user welcome emails.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
TravelGirl
Occasional Member - Level 2

I am already doing option 1 (modify the Welcome Email for manually) and I would like to know if there is a way to set a custom message as a default text?

For option 2 (Standard Edition)-I do not have access to, as it is not included in our version. Is there away to do the above?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TravelGirl I don't believe you can edit and save the default message for subsequent use.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.