cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neubanks
Occasional Member - Level 1

Issue When Cancelling Itinerary

I have an employee that cancelled a trip.  He said he selected the itinerary he wanted to cancel but he found while preparing to travel for a different trip, the cancellation he made cancelled all of his trips.  Do we have any guidance or instructions I can send to make sure this doesn't happen again?  He was told at the airport that there was not ticket for him to travel.

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@neubanks this is a difficult one to answer. The system shouldn't have canceled all of his trips, it would only cancel the one he had selected. So, without seeing exactly what the employee did, it is difficult to provide guidance. 

The only thing I can suggest is that the user click Travel at the top of the the SAP Concur home screen. On the Travel home page, click the Upcoming trips tab. The user would see a list of all their trips. To the right they should see an option to Cancel the trip. See screenshot. This is how I would cancel if I needed to.

KevinD_0-1655831232105.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
neubanks
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you for your response, Kevin.  I've sent the screenshot to him.  A follow-up question is that when he cancels a reservation in Concur, the itinerary does not cancel on his Outlook calendar.  I had him confirm that he does not have the Disable Calendar Integration box checked in his preferences.  Do you have any suggestions why this doesn't update automatically?  He's had a few users test and the same problem.  This would be second check for our employees to ensure they have travel on their schedules as intended.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@neubanks I'm not sure, so I've posted your question internally to see if I can get an answer. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
zz9pzafc
New Member - Level 1

We are seeing this same issue, where cancelled trips in Concur are not removed from the users Outlook calendars. Is there a known fix for this? Thanks!

SHA
Occasional Member - Level 3

HI @KevinD ,
Is cancelling one trip segment (one way flight) or only hotel or only car is not available on Concur(for a complete booking with hotel, car, roundtrip flight in one transaction)?We have got the cancellation feature activated for our company but i see the option only as 'Cancel all segments' for round trip bookings..

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SHA you should be able to cancel individual itinerary items. If you log in to SAP Concur, click Travel at the top of the screen. On the Travel home screen, click the Upcoming Trips tab. You should see the Trip Name as a hyperlink. Click the trip name to open the itinerary. You should see outbound flight listed, then the Car reservation, then the hotel then the return flight. Each travel segment should have options to the right about making changes and canceling. 

Could you provide me a screenshot of what you are looking at, please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SHA
Occasional Member - Level 3

HI @KevinD, we follow the same route to cancel the tickets, once it open up the itinerary, it is showing the option as 'Cancel all Air' below is the screenshot what I see(I got screenshot of only one segment but it is a ticket of roundtrip flight), so once we click on 'Cancel All Air', we get the following error because it contained an expired flight and one upcoming flight(which were trying to cancel).

Kindly check and advise the settings/options in admin access that we/TMC need to enable for cancelling a single sector and to include change option as well(Post ticketing changes)?

SHA_1-1656136024489.jpeg

SHA_0-1656135274625.png

Kind Regards,
Shaziya

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SHA I'm checking to see if canceling one leg of a roundtrip is possible. Sometimes airlines have rules about this. 

Secondly, the post-ticketing change might be something you work directly with your TMC to get changed. I don't think you will have access to turn this on. It the TMC cannot, you will need to submit a help ticket to SAP Concur Support.

Lastly, why are you trying to cancel an already expired flight? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SHA I found out a couple of things:

1. Post-ticketing change is something you have to request from the Travel Agency. However, they may not allow it to be turned on. 

2. Canceling individual legs of a flight can be turned on by your site admin, however the Travel Agency still needs to approve it and ensure their settings on their configuration are correct.  The first leg of a roundtrip is not allowed to be canceled since it is tied to the fare the traveler was charged.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey