cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viola
Occasional Member - Level 1

Can you match the price on other travel sites?

I wonder can you match the price of the same fare on other travel sites? Other sites offer less than half of the price of what is offered on your website. For example, what I see from Vancouver to Calgary is $300+ from other widely used travel sites, but $900+ from Concur, for exactly the same fare. Can you match it?  

3 REPLIES 3
Viola
Occasional Member - Level 1

I know it might take some courage to speak up, and more patience to wait for the answers.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Viola hello there. I have no issue speaking up. LOL. 

Here is how SAP Concur Travel works. Our tool is a booking tool, much like Expedia, Travelocity, etc. The prices shown in Concur Travel are not our prices, they are the prices published by the Airlines that flow into the Global Distribution System (GDS). SAP Concur does not set Airfare prices. 

So, why do you see cheaper flights on those other booking sites? Because they will buy a bulk of seats from the airline on those flights far in advanced at a discounted rate. All they are doing is just reselling the seats on their website. SAP Concur doesn't do that, that's why you see higher fares in Concur Travel. 

I hope this explanation makes sense. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
abhidos37
New Member - Level 1

If we get a cheaper rate on expedia can we book that and reimburse it in concur expense?