cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RB22
Occasional Member - Level 1

Can same mail ID work if travel instance and expense instance is on different SAP Concur systems?

Working on a merger project where we need to take out Travel function from one company (A) concur instance and to be started in main company's (B) concur instance. The email ID of company code A need to be retained in company (B), which means the same mail ID will be used in two different companies concur instance one to be used for Travel whereas expense to be used in the same way.

Is that possible to achieve?

regards

RB

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RB22 To make sure I'm clear...are you saying that you plan to move employees to another instance and you want to know if their profile in the new instance can use the same email address that was used in the old instance? 

If so, then I believe this is possible. What you cannot do is use employees' login IDs in another instance. So, if in instance A you use the employee email address as their login ID, you will need to come up with a new Login ID convention for those employees when they are "moved" to Instance B. 

Login IDs must be unique and cannot be transferred to another instance of SAP Concur.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
RB22

@KevinD Thanks Kevin for your response.

The situation is that whole project may take few years but I would like to explore the option of Company A users use the Company B Concur travel functionality whereas they will continue using the Company A concur instance for expense. So in this situation, is it possible to use the same email IDs of the users in 2 different instances?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RB22 I think we might be using the term Email ID differently. Are you referring to an employee's Login ID to sign into SAP Concur? So, when they go to www.concursolutions.com, they need to enter their Login ID. I think that is possibly what you mean. If it is, the answer is no. You cannot use the same Login ID/Username in two different instances. A lot of companies use the employee's email address as the Login ID, but then you also see on their profile a field for their email address. 

Now, if you are asking whether two different SAP Concur profiles that could be for the same person and have different Login IDs can have the same email address listed on the profile, the answer is Yes. 

Does this help?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
RB22

@KevinD  - Thanks Kevin for your prompt response. I will confirm you after checking.

Regards

RB22