cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abruzzjn
Occasional Member - Level 1

Book Travel button in Approved Travel Request

Hello!

This is my first posting and I'm relatively new in my Concur Admin Role.

At my College, we have our Travelers complete a Travel Request and submit for approval prior to booking anything in Concur.  In the Header, we ask them to state "Will Book via Concur, Once my Request is Approved".  So, once the TR comes back approved, the Book Travel button is available.  When the traveler selects the Book Travel button, the System runs them through where they can select air, hotel, and car is applicable.

Here's the part that confuses me.  The System then creates a New Travel Request for approval with just these items on it.  Why?  Why does the System create a new TR when the traveler selected the Book Travel button in the approved TR?

Now, the traveler has two TRs - One that they created with all the details about their trip and the other that the System created with just air, hotel, and car.

Sorry if this has been addressed before or if it sounds rudimentary.  But, I really would like some clarification.

Thank you!

John

1 Solution
Solution
abruzzjn

Perfect!  Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@abruzzjn Well, I did a little searching and found your exact issue in our Knowledge Base. Here is what it said is the cause and resolution:

"This is due to the unfinished trip process.

If a user doesn't complete a booking right away, Concur saves what they've already done, and when the user (or their admin) comes back to Concur, they see a link advising them that they have an unfinished trip. However, if the user then goes back into that existing booking and finishes it, it becomes disconnected from the original request and a new request is created once the booking is completed.  

To prevent this issue, if a user starts a booking from the Book Travel link in the request, but then cannot finish it right away, they should not go back in and finish that trip later. Instead, the initial booking should be cancelled, and the user should start over with a brand new booking by again clicking the Book Travel button from the existing request."

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
abruzzjn

Perfect!  Thank you!