cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

Adoption Average

At Fusion I saw some stats at one of Clay's sessions on adoption rates and I wanted to try to find them.

In the mean time, does anyone know the average adoption rate for small businesses for travel? I fee like it was relatively low but I saw a lot of numbers.

Then I'd like to know some tips and tricks on how you increased adoption.

ค๓๒єг ɭєє - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏɪssᴇᴜʀ
(っ◔◡◔)っ  ☆ Fort Worth, Texas ☆
5 REPLIES 5
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

Mine went from 2-30% in 5 months just by adding the policy, corporate rates and discounts and making one announcement that their Concur was "new and improved". It was always in the policy that all travel must be booked through Concur (in all caps) but apparently nobody read the policy. It wasn't until it started doing what it was supposed to do that people started using it.

I think its useful to consider that increasing adoption as being one of the measures in your change management journey.  Concur changes the way people handle their expenses/travel from a habit that they may have been doing for years. If you consider your implementation of Concur as a big change management exercise then you may want to also consider using a framework that helps you get to those high adoption numbers.  One  would recommend is the Proscii process. 

The ADKAR model stands for Awareness, Desire, Knowledge, Ability and Reinforcement.  I think right now you have fixed the 'Awareness' about Concur (because your folks understand that this is now policy) but you need to move onto Desire and Knowledge to get those numbers up. 

What about sharing short 'Tips and Tricks with Concur' - either in the form of images or short videos?  Have brown bag sessions whereby people share how to get the best out of it and get the people that already love Concur in your org to lead them so they can advocate on its behalf.........I have a few more ideas but let me know what you think of these. 

Claudia Belardo
International Customer Experience Director
An Effortless Experience is Customer-Centric
patilr1982
Routine Member - Level 1

Travel leads to expenses and you can always use expense reimbursement speed as a motivator. Enable integration from Travel to Expense and make users link itineraries to rail and air expense types. If they don't, route it for additional approvals. Managers will ask employees to start using Travel to avoid these approvals.

Additionally, you will have a lot more data in Intelligence to identify trends and develop strategies.

Best Regards,
Rohan
SAP Concur and SAP FICO Implementation Functional Consultant
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

Thanks @claudiabelardo! I actually just created an infographic that I think goes along with what you suggest. It's colorful and pithy so I'm hoping the "less is more" will work better than blasting them with 1,000 words they'll never read.

Infographic March 2018.PNG

Love this! Only improvement I would make would be more pictures! Maybe do a fun piece around the 'drag and drop' functionality? Or encourage a Concur 'share a tip' comp and have photos of the best Concur time savers you have going internally.....keep building on that fun element......and remember it takes a minimum of seven times for something to become a habit!

Claudia Belardo
International Customer Experience Director
An Effortless Experience is Customer-Centric