cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gnrb
Occasional Member - Level 1

Add Main Frequent Flyer Number to sub-program

I was recently trying to add my SW frequent flyer number to a car rental agency. However, it wouldn't let me do that unless I had a reward number from the car rental company. This doesn't make sense. With lots of car rental companies, you earn AIRLINE miles for renting with the company in conjunction with a flight on said airline. There needs to be a way to add this to the reservation since the car rental agencies often don't let you do it at the counter - it has to be done when the reservation is made.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gnrb in my experience when different vendors have an agreement, I have had to have a frequent traveler number with each to link the accounts. I think of Lyft and Hilton. There wasn't any place to enter my Hilton Honors number in the Lyft app, but I was able to go to Lyft and then link my account to my Hilton account. 

Which car rental agency is it? Earning miles for renting a car is something the car rental agencies came to an agreement with that airline, so they should provide you some sort of way to link the two accounts to get the miles. Most of these reciprocal agreements didn't require me to add my frequent traveler number to each reservation. They allowed me to link the two accounts one time and that was it. The milage or hotel points accrual then happened automatically. 

Have you tried asking your company's travel agency about this? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gnrb in my experience when different vendors have an agreement, I have had to have a frequent traveler number with each to link the accounts. I think of Lyft and Hilton. There wasn't any place to enter my Hilton Honors number in the Lyft app, but I was able to go to Lyft and then link my account to my Hilton account. 

Which car rental agency is it? Earning miles for renting a car is something the car rental agencies came to an agreement with that airline, so they should provide you some sort of way to link the two accounts to get the miles. Most of these reciprocal agreements didn't require me to add my frequent traveler number to each reservation. They allowed me to link the two accounts one time and that was it. The milage or hotel points accrual then happened automatically. 

Have you tried asking your company's travel agency about this? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
gnrb
Occasional Member - Level 1

The car agency is Thrifty. It took a couple of read-throughs but I finally understand what you are suggesting. I will check the Thrifty program to see if they have a way to link the SW number on their end.

Thanks,

Ronda

DeniseT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hello!

There is a setting that would need to be enabled in your travel configuration to allow users to associate an airline Frequent Flyer account for Car/Hotel reservations. Please check with your Travel Administrator or Travel Agency to confirm it is enabled.