cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sberry
Occasional Member - Level 1

Upload error for Signed PDF documents

Hi,

We recently (around middle Feb) started getting upload errors uploading signed PDF documents - we've confirmed that there have been no changes on the Concur side and I've raised a support ticket with Adobe but wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

3 REPLIES 3
juliebart
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@sberry  Thank you.   Signed PDF documents take on different attributes or formats.  Per the Knowledge Base in the Concur support portal there are 4 types of PDFs that cannot be uploaded.  Are you uploading one of these types by any chance? 

About PDF Files
There are several types of PDF files and the PDF files listed here cannot be successfully uploaded as images:

• Password protected(View Restricted Passwords or Password to Restrict Editing): These files cannot be decrypted so they cannot be stored by SAP Concur.
  • Portfolio PDFs: These "collection" PDFs can are not supported.
  • AcroForm PDFs: These PDFs may upload but the text in these Acrobat fill-in the-blanks forms will likely not be visible. In fact, this issue occurs only if multiple AcroForms are uploaded; single AcroForms likely upload properly. Best practice is to avoid uploading AcroForms since the results are not reliable.
  • XFA PDFs: These XML-based PDFs collect information associated with electronic forms. Since they are interactive, they cannot be successfully uploaded.
sberry

Hi,

I didn't think any of those applied, it's been produced via Adobe Sign with a signature. However looking at the security properties it says "This document has an open password or a modify password" and in the permission details it lists the security method as "Password Security". It doesn't ask for a password when opening it but I wonder if the fact it's signed has set the property around password security?

sberry

Hi, adding an update for anyone else who might come across this. I've managed to pretty much confirm that the signing of the PDFs applies encryption and this is what prevents uploading to Concur. We have found a potential solution in the Adobe support forums which is a way to have signing without the encryption, I've asked Adobe for more information on how this works 
Solved: Signatures without encryption - Adobe Support Community - 8672828