cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keneal
Occasional Member - Level 1

Too many layers for invoice processing - Help!

Hi,

I am new to SAP Concur.  Our organisation has 3 members of the finance team including the CFO and  low invoice volumes.

Current process:

1. All invoices received in group email
  2. User inputs the invoice manually directly onto QuickBooks

New SAP Concur process:

1. All invoices received in group mailbox – will be autoforwarded to Concur Invoice Capture
  2. Individual user need to log into Concur to verify the invoice that is being captured
  3. Individual user now needs to switch user to the Invoice Team – log in, amend the line items for custom fields, then submit
  4. Individual user needs to log in again and submit the invoice – Via Pivot payables this should be sent into QuickBooks

Whilst I appreciate the need for layers in the process for control purposes; given the size of the organisation this number of layers is not required.  Can anyone help to reduce the number of layers above?  Allocating invoice to individuals is not an option.

Regards

Keneal

2 REPLIES 2
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Keneal Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. I have reached out to an invoice expert within SAP Concur for input. I will revert back shortly. 

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MelissaS
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi Keneal !

Best practice is to have separate folks perform the separate steps due to segregation of duties/controls.... but if your company does not need/want all of those controls in place, it is not required.

In fact, the same person could login once to do all of those steps as long as they have the 'AP User' role and the 'Invoice User' role. 

I would suggest connecting with Support and/or your Account Manager to confirm you are setup how you need to be (and to simplify the process).

Thanks!

Missy