cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saumya
Occasional Member - Level 2

restricting users from changing their default approver

Hello,

We want to restrict users from changing their default approvers while submitting expense report.

I see one of the option under group configuration - Employee tab for each employee group.

But I see another setting under workflows - settings which seems to work globally.

I tried to uncheck the box from workflow (global) and check it under group configuration but that doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone please help.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@saumya in reading our Workflow guide, it sounds like if the global setting to allow employees to select their own approver is off, then that overrides the group setting. At least that is how I understood it. Here is a link to the guide: Workflow Guide. Look at Pages 8 and 9 specifically. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@saumya a couple of questions for you: 1. How many Employee Groups do you have? 2. How many workflows do you have? 

Workflows are applied to a Policy and a Policy gets applied to a group. So, if one group uses a different Policy, it might also use a different workflow. Just keep that in mind. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@saumya follow up question to my first reply, can you show me a screenshot of the box you unchecked from the workflow global, please? 

I only saw an option for the employee to change their default approver under Groups, not Workflow. There is an option in Workflow to allow users to select their own approver. Is that what you are referring to? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
saumya

Hello @KevinD ,

Thankyou for the response.

1. We have more than 50 employee groups

2. We have only 2 workflows

But as you mentioned in second reply, the check box mapped in Workflow setting is not within particular Workflow configuration but as below

saumya_0-1642572613782.png

Even I tried to uncheck this box in test entity and map only employee group specific, it does not work.

saumya_1-1642572683628.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@saumya For the first screenshot where it is in the workflow settings, I believe this is global and applies to all workflows that are being used. I would consider unchecking this box. 

For the second screenshot, can you explain why this didn't work? Did you have the ability as a user to go into Expense Settings>Expense Approver and change the default approver? That is what this is referring to. 

Maybe show me a screenshot of this option not working.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
saumya

Hi @KevinD ,

This is what I understood, Please correct me if wrong

1. There is only global setting in Concur which allows or restricts user from editing the approver while submitting the report (workflow).

saumya_0-1642669800022.jpeg

2. The employee group check box below is just to govern whether user can edit their default approver in their profile setting

saumya_1-1642669800027.jpeg

saumya_2-1642669800031.jpeg

My requirement is to restrict one employee group from changing their approver in approval flow while submitting expense report and other employee group can change the same. I suppose this is not feasible in Concur. If feasible, please suggest.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@saumya in reading our Workflow guide, it sounds like if the global setting to allow employees to select their own approver is off, then that overrides the group setting. At least that is how I understood it. Here is a link to the guide: Workflow Guide. Look at Pages 8 and 9 specifically. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey